Yuri Sakazaki

Kyo: Let's do this over the summer, guys!

Kyo slammed down a flyer advertising the "King of Fighters XIV Tournament". You've heard of it before, who hasn't? It was the biggest international tournament the world has ever known with cash prizes out the wazoo, totaling in the billions for its winners. And its "winners" because teams of four were allowed to enter. The only prerequisite was that you needed three other people to team up with, since all travelling and other necessities were already covered by the Antonov Corporation, the company that hosts the tournament.

Iori: What's with this, Kyo? You've never shown interest in something like this.

Kyo: The KoF tournaments only appear once every decade, this is our chance to become billionaires!

You: Aren't you, Iori, and Kagura-senpai all billionaires though?

Kyo: Hey, I'm not one to pass up the opportunity to get even richer. Besides, this is your chance to get a home of your own with that special someone~ eh? Like Yuri? Don't think I don't know.

You: Yuri's a no-go.

Rock: Aren't you both head over heels for each other?

You: It's not her that said "no", its her family.

Yuri was a part of the Sakazaki family, a family with an unbeatable fighting style known as Kyokugen Karate. Her brother, Ryo Sakazaki, and her father, Takuma Sakazaki, are known throughout the world as karate legends in establishments all over. They refused you to be Yuri's boyfriend because you couldn't defend yourself to their liking. To remedy this situation, you asked Rock if he or his dad knew anyone, since Howards were popular in America, and Rock had the answer for you.

Geese Howard, Rock's own father. For a year, Geese put you through the wringer and ran your bones into such a fine dust, they could be used as foundation, but it was all worth it to learn his fighting style; Hakkyokuseiken, a fighting style Rock also employs along with hints of street fighting.

Besides, Rock knew of your situation and explained it to his dad, against your wishes. However, the following conversation followed.

You: Thanks for helping me, Mr. Howard.

Geese: No problem. But, this will be nothing short of extreme and even at times, cruel. I will not allow you to rest even for a little, as the lethargic behavior will only spell your doom. Especially against Kyokugen Karate practitioners.

You: You've fought them before?

Geese: Yes, both Ryo and Takuma Sakazaki. Both of them fell to me. Which is why I will not spare you any reprieve; it requires pure focus and determination to see yourself win that will carry you there.

You: Interesting.

Geese: From now until the end of your training, you will refer to me as "sensei". Is that clear?

You: Yes, sensei!

It was quite nice to know how to defend yourself, but you learned under Geese for love. It dawned on you many times that it felt very cliché.

Kyo: Yeah, but you trained under Rock's dad. Just pull a DBZ and win by the skin of your teeth. C'mon, you can't pass this opportunity up, Y/n!

You stared at the flyer for a while and looked over it to see Yuri at the other side of the classroom, then back at the flyer. You had a thought in your head about how this tournament could relate to Yuri, but Iori leaned into your ear and whispered exactly what you were thinking.

Iori: Maybe, her brother and father will show up. Beating them should prove more than sufficient evidence that you are worthy for Yuri.

You: Let's sign up.