ONE

ONE

Tiana

"You have one message." The answering machine chirped. "Honey, are you coming home for the holidays? It's been four years. Your father and I miss you. Your sister misses you. Please come home." My mother's voice ranged through the house.

"Message deleted." I didn't have time to hear about them missing me. They didn't miss me when they decided to make my sister top priority over me. I took a seat on the couch and pulled off my heels. My feet were aching from walking in these things all day.

The phone started to ring and I sighed angrily, knowing who the caller would be. I checked the caller ID and seen my mother's name come across the screen. I let the phone ring until the answer machine came on.

"Leave a message after the tone." It said.

"Tiana please pick up the phone. I'm sorry for how things left off when you went away to college." I shrugged then walked away from the phone. I went upstairs and into my room, finding my Christmas pajamas and putting them on. I jumped in bed and turned on the television, hoping a Christmas movies was playing.

My mind was starting to become clouded with my family. The last time I talked to them was about a year and a half ago. I called to congratulate my sister on the new baby. After that, they've been calling nonstop. In my opinion, I feel like they only call in hopes I'd send money. Dad's business has been going downhill since his clothing went out of style. He's been getting fewer and fewer customers as the months pass by which means money is obviously low.

I don't plan on trying to help them at all. I was mistreated in that house since I was a little girl. Always hiding in my sister's shadow, hoping that they would pay attention to me for once. Now that I am thriving and the breadwinner of the family, they want to bat an eye at me. I'm not letting them back in my life that easily.

* * *

"Tiana, nice of you to finally join us." Gabrielle, my assistant, says as she sees me walking through the door.

"Let's just get this photo shoot over with." I sigh. Stylists followed me to my dressing area and styled my hair and makeup. Afterwards, I was handed a shimmering red dress that hugged my body but pooled around my feel.

I was now positioned in front of the camera, doing classy poses. I was named model of the year, which was something I wasn't so shocked about. I took the model world by storm when I modeled for Chanel clothing line last year. I was placed all over the blogs. I couldn't be any happier in life right now. And to say I was in college to be a nurse.

"Stunning! You look amazing in these shots darling." The photographer says.

"Thank you." I said as I hugged him tightly. "I hope we're done here, I want to go shopping today." I turn to Gabrielle.

"But Tiana, we have a meeting set up with—"

"Cancel it." I told her.

"This is a big time designer and he wants you to wear his pieces, we shouldn't cancel this meeting." She says as I start to walk off. She hurriedly follows behind me, trying to convince me to change my mind.

"Reschedule it then. I'm not letting anything stop me from doing what I want to do and right now I want to go shopping a little. If he doesn't respect that then oh well." I shrugged.

"Tiana, if you keep these antics up then people will stop working with you." Gabby sighs, motioning for the driver to open the door as we walk outside.

"Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want to work with Tiana Rowland?"

* ~ *

Maybe I should of listened to Gabrielle.

A/N: hello everyone. This is just a filler for now. The chapters will be much longer after this.