SEVEN: a chance meeting!

"i'm gonna go get us some water from the vending machine," the girl told her friend, who waved in acknowledgment before continuing to poorly sing big bang's 'last dance'. walking out of the room, she made her way down the hall, the tune of the song still stuck in her head, "just one last dance," she sang quietly as she dug in her pocket for change.

"i won the bet that soobin would choose a bebe rexha song to sing first, so now you have to buy our snacks," the girl turned at the sound of another voice down the hall.

"beomgyu, can you get me a coke, please?"

the boy, who the girl guessed was beomgyu, sighed with a shake of his head. nonetheless, he had a smile on his face as he approached the vending machines. looking up, he stopped as his eyes met the girl's.

she quickly looked away, before pushing the buttons for her drinks. beomgyu approached cautiously, and the girl could feel him side-eyeing her as he copied her actions.

"what the hell?" she pushed at the machine, which didn't do much for the drinks that were now stuck inside.

turning, beomgyu chuckled quietly before stepping up next to her, "let me," he offered, before shaking the machine back and forth in a bear hug. after 30 awkward seconds of the girl being forced to watch whatever the hell beomgyu was doing, the sound of two drinks falling out was heard by the two teenagers. slightly out of breath, beomgyu reached down to grab them, then standing to his full height as he held them out to her, "here you go..." he trailed, hoping she'd say her name.

"mizuki. sato mizuki," she scratched her head awkwardly.

"here you go, mizuki," beomgyu smiled down at her, the two holding eye contact for much longer than normal.

bowing a bit in thanks, mizuki grabbed the bottles from him, "i'll get going then."

watching her walk down the hall, beomgyu furrowed his brows, "did she really not know who i am?"