Prologue

Bittersweet Revenge

Prologue: {edited}

"It takes two to make a murder. There are born victims, born to have their throats cut, as the cut-throats are born to be hanged". Aldous Huxley.

Eve

It's funny how one thing can change your life upside down. Change you completely, molding you into a new person, your old self long forgotten.

Murder, a never-ending chain of hatred and killing. You kill in the name of justice, but after a couple of souls you exterminate, you don't care anymore. You lose yourself in the process and that's what you become, a murderer, as well.

We were common people, living our lives far away from trouble, but trouble found its way to us. We forgot that we are living in the ninja world, that no matter how much you try to avoid it –killing or being killed- you have no choice but to be either of them, a murderer or a victim.

He killed my loved ones and I will not rest until I take something precious from him, his life.

I won't rest until he's beaten and I don't mean just beaten down, I mean dead. There isn't a place where he can hide in. I will find him, destroy him. I don't care much, how it happens; I just want his cold charcoal eyes to turn lifeless and his soul to extinguish from this universe.

.oOo.

"We are all good until we are not strong enough to be any more".

Sasuke

I was once an innocent soul but life hardened me. I was good but he destroyed the goodness in me, he made me a murderer.

My hunger for power exiled my sanity until the lust for more blood and flesh became a daily occurrence. I don't feel regret or sadness every time I take a life, maybe because the word emotions became foreign to me after that incident that robbed me my former self and turned me into the merciless beast I am now.

I don't care, however. I am and will forever be a beast, for my soul has long darkened the thrive for revenge to reside there. That's why, as long as I reach my goal, nothing else matters, neither bonds nor innocent victims.

.oOo.

"Revenge is barren of itself; it is the dreadful food it feeds on; its delight is murder, and its end is despair". Friedrich Schiller.

Hate colors the soul.

It spreads throughout the entire system, shutting down all other existing feelings, and becoming the center to the life and the intents of a person.

Hatred becomes a sickness of the mind and of the heart. For where hatred has claimed possession there is no room for love. Left unchecked, hate can completely poison the soul.

Where hate manifests it opens the path for revenge, which is the ugliest shape of emotion. A shy maiden hiding behind its razor claws, forever ready to strike.

The need for revenge was like a rat gnawing at their souls, relentless, unceasing; it could only be stopped by the cold steel of a rat trap, a trap they would devise themselves.

Their need for revenge was like an abscess on the skin of the soul that could only be cured by the cold, silver end of the knife of revenge. Festering like a wound and the only effective antibiotic being the frigid, hard revenge. Savage. A dish best served cold. Unforgiving.

They would bear a grudge until they died or took what they so unceasingly wanted, whichever came first. Settling old scores. Brutal. Satisfying. Empty. Pointless.

It appealed to their once innocent souls that are now cruel and twisted with a dark sense of humor.

Hope you liked the prologue :)

A quick question: some of the chapters are really dark - grin -as are some characters so there'll be some swearing (a lot) and violence - double grin - so do you think I should change it to mature? (If you don't know what I mean then take a look at chapter: the forgotten fragments part 2)

I decided to seek your help dear readers because naruto's fanbase includes all ages, so I don't want to scar young audiences with the darkness of this story.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Let me know if the banner and the current cover looks good, I made it myself and your thoughts on my graphic skills is highly appreciated :D

Disclaimer: I don't own naruto, only my OC, and some other characters.

*The amazing cover  above is made by DarkHeart22

*This story is edited by LittleWriter202

*Make sure to check the trailer above which is done by Dredge116

*all the remaining graphics are done by me