A Fatherly Bond

(M/N) stands for Mom's name.

"Jesus Christ! How in the hell is that cooking?!" You exclaim looking at the abomination that Cecilia has made for Ichika. All of the other girls looked a little pale just taking a look at it and Ichika was no exemption as well. Though Cecilia looked mighty proud of what she made. "I... In any case. Charlotte. Do you wanna try out my (F/F)?"

"Yeah. I'll try it." Charlotte smiles as you serve the food right in front of her. She tastes it only to happily dig into the food. She catches a glimpse of seeing how good your cooking was as you look over.

"If you guys want, you can have Ichika try out all of your cooking. In the meanwhile, why not try some of my stuff. I made enough for everyone." You say getting a few things ready.

"Hey, (Y/N). Would it be alright if I got some too?" Ichika asks.

"Sure. You can have some. As soon as you finish all of the dishes the girls made for you." You chuckle while Ichika sighs looking at the mountains of food that the girls had made for him.

_________

After all of that, you decided to walk Charlotte back to where she's staying outside of I.S. Academy. "Are you sure that you don't want me to walk with you anymore? It isn't a hassle if that's what you're wondering."

"No. You've done enough for me as it is. I really enjoyed your food. Though... I want you to try my food next time." Charlotte says as you chuckle before nodding.

"Sure. I'll try it when the time comes."

"I can't wait. Goodnight, (Y/N)!" Charlotte happily walks into the gate. You stayed a bit just to make sure that she enters the house before walking back home.

Despite it being nighttime, it felt incredibly humid so you booked it home as quickly as possible. You saw your dad sitting at the dining table reading a book as he looks up. "I'm home!"

"Welcome back..." Your dad said rather bluntly that made you take a step back. You sat down across from him giving him a blank stare. "Is there something you need?"

"No... It's not that. It's just that you've been keeping your distance with me... ever since you got that letter of acceptance from I.S. Academy." You say rather dejected. "Can you at least tell me the reason why? Is it because I hid mom's bracelet for so long? Is it because of me doing all of this for so long? Tell me something! Don't just sit here and growl at me whenever I enter the room!"

You stand up in irritation as you slammed the table trying to get some reaction from your father. He looks up before placing the book down.

"That is exactly what this is. Your mother died in the line of duty. I had made a promise to her... That I would protect you. But I couldn't even do that. You were risking your life every day for THREE YEARS." He yelled out in both anger... and fear. "Then. When I finally learned about this... You have been asked to attend the one school that I thought we were finally going to be away from."

"Dad..."

"I can't control your actions. There's no way that I could be a good parent if I didn't let you do what you think is best. However..." Your dad trails off a bit. He takes a seat as he simply hangs his head over the table, his fist curled up into fists as they shook. "I can ask that you please stay safe. Don't do anything reckless."

This was the first time in a long time that you had seen your father be so vulnerable. He was an advisor to the chief at the department of defense. He has also seen combat so that he gave a tough feeling towards you almost always. Seeing him like this was definitely an impact.

"Dad... I can't promise you to not do anything reckless. While riding them... it feels like a fight or flight up there. But I can promise you this. I'll get back here, safe and sound. That I promise you!" You yell as you pound your chest.

Your father looks and takes a good look at you. His grips get tighter as he stands up and looks straight at you. "You... remind me of your mother. Her strong conviction when the time gets tough. And that girl that came earlier. She's French, isn't she?"

"Charlotte? Yeah. She's French, why?"

"She had an aroma of both innocence and strength in her eyes. In a way, she also reminded me of your mother. You knew that she was French, right?" You nod as he chuckles. "I swear. It's coming full circle at this rate. Take care of her. I can already tell that she's quite the girl. If you break her heart in any way, I'll disown you as a son."

"Like hell, I'll do anything like that. That's my vow." You say with strong conviction. Your dad simply chuckles as he stands up and punches your shoulder.

"That's right. I know I'll be proud of you. But for now. Enjoy life. It's your time off. Even soldiers rest when they are given the chance."

"Same goes for you. How about we go do our annual thing a little earlier this year? If that's alright with you. I could bring Charlotte if that's fine."

"Honestly. I would not mind that sort of thing. I'll see if I can make any arrangements at the workplace. No promises, however.  Now go get cleaned up.  It's almost midnight and you stink from all the gosh darn sweat!" Your dad yells as you run towards the bathroom.

"Alright alright!  I'm going!"

Your dad smiles softly being walking over to a counter where a picture of your mother sat.  On the picture was her in a hospital bed, with a newly born baby in her hands, and him standing next to her.

"(M/N)... He's grown up so much that I see so much of you in him.  The path that he'll take will be long and hard as yours.  However, I want you to watch over him.  And protect him from any danger."