Far from over

"Aslan?" Lucy asked quickly, turning to the lion.
"I do not know why it isn't working." Aslan said, and even he looked worried.
"Try again!" Peter said desperately, staring at his brother as he played with his hair.
Lucy took a deep breath and tried again, pouring one drop into her brothers mouth.
Peter held his breath but Edmund just continued gasping, tears rolling slowly down his cheeks.
"It's not working!" Susan cried, gripping Edmund's hand even tighter.
"What do we do?" Lucy cried, sitting up straight again, managing to kick the wand. "Ow." She muttered, glaring almost angrily down at it. But then her eyes went wide. Attached to the wand, was a piece of paper, and on that paper, was writing.
"Peter look!" Lucy exclaimed, grabbing the paper.
Peter immediately grabbed it from her and read it aloud.

The one who caused the pain
Must heal the wound again

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lucy asked, trying to ignore Edmund's gasping.
Peter frowned. "The one who caused the pain, must heal the wound again." He repeated under his breath.
Susan stared at him for a while before her eyes went wide. "Lucy give Peter the cordial!" She said quickly.
Lucy frowned. "Why?" She asked.
Susan sighed in frustration. "The one who caused the pain must heal the wound again!" She almost screamed.
Peter's eyes went wide. "I need to heal him." He said.
Lucy took a deep breath and handed her cordial to Peter.
Susan and Peter swapped places quickly, Susan placing Edmund's head in her lap instead.
By this time Edmund was really struggling to breath, so Peter, with shaking hands, leant over and poured one drop of Lucy's healing cordial into Edmund's open mouth.
He held his breath, waiting.
Edmund's breathing stopped, his mouth closed and he relaxed completely.
Peter waited with a pounding heart, his eyes wide and full of tears. "Come on." He said in barely more than a whisper.
Then Edmund's mouth opened as he let out a few, weak coughs, his eyes eventually flickering open, but only half way.
Peter let out a sob of pure joy as he stared at Edmund.
Edmund glanced around at everyone, eyes landing on Peter as he gave a weak smile. "What took you so long?" He choked, almost laughing.
Peter let out a half sob half laugh as he pulled Edmund up and into his arms.
Edmund wrapped his arms around Peter, burying his face against his neck.
After a few seconds they all joined in the hug, Peter holding Edmund so tight that Edmund was having a hard time breathing properly, but he didn't care.
After a long while though the four pulled away.
Edmund stared at Peter for a moment before he smiled a little. "Thanks." He choked.
Peter swallowed hard. "No problem." He mumbled. "You okay?"
Edmund nodded slowly. "Why did you take so long?" He asked. "You just sat there talking - but I couldn't hear what you were saying."
Peter took a deep breath and glanced at his sisters before looking back to Edmund. "Lucy obviously went to heal you with her cordial." He said slowly. "But it didn't work."
Edmund frowned. "It didn't work?" He asked, looking shocked.
Peter shook his head. "But then we found this." He said, handing the note to Edmund.
Edmund stared at it for rather a long while before glancing back up at Peter. "You had to do it." He guessed.
Peter nodded slowly. "Yeah." He breathed, gripping Edmund's arm as though he'd never let go.
"Thanks." Edmund said again, resting his head against Peter's chest.
Peter only nodded this time, wrapping his arms tightly around his brother.
Edmund flinched suddenly, groaning.
"You're scar will still be sore for a while won't it?" Lucy said slowly, staring at her brothers.
Edmund nodded slowly. "Yeah." He breathed. "For a few days maybe. But-" He stopped dead.
Peter frowned. "But?" He asked.
Edmund took a deep breath. "But my back still hurts." He whispered.
Peter froze. "What?" He whispered.
"My back." Edmund said. "And the backs of my legs, and my wrists."
Peter's breathing started to get heavier as his grip on his brother got tighter.
"Why?" Susan asked quickly, looking over at Aslan.
Aslan frowned. "I do not know." He said slowly.
"Wait." Peter said slowly, catching everyones attention. "All your scars were hurting. And me stabbing you stopped that scar from hurting."
Susan frowned for a moment before a look a realisation made its way onto her face. "For the pain in his back to stop, you - you have to whip him. And the back of his legs too." She barely whispered.
"What?" Edmund choked.
"I have a feeling Susan and Peter may be right." Aslan said sadly.
Edmund swallowed hard, glancing up at Peter who was staring into space. "Pete?" He asked.
Peter took a deep breath as he looked down at Edmund.
"You have to whip me." Edmund told him.
Peter slowly shook his head. "I-" He choked but then stopped.
Edmund took a deep breath, flinching. "Please. You - You've done it before-"
"Don't remind me." Peter cut him off quickly.
There was a long while of silence.
"Does he have to whip you here?" Susan asked slowly.
Edmund shook his head. "Whip me where I've been whipped before." He said slowly. "The witches castle."
Susan frowned. "But then why didn't we have to stab you at Beruna?" She asked.
Edmund sighed. "Cause Jadis always wanted to stab me on the stone table." He muttered. "And if she couldn't do it then she'd make someone else do it."
Susan nodded slowly. "Then, the backs of your legs. And your wrists?"
Edmund thought for a moment. "We start at the waterfall, my hands tied behind me and we walk all the way to Jadis' camp without rest, and I have to be whipped on the back of my legs."
Silence followed this sentence until Peter broke it with a sob. "I can't - I can't do that!" He exclaimed.
"Peter." Aslan said slowly. "Your brother is right. Only if you do those things, will Edmund's pain go away completely."
Peter pulled Edmund up into his lap, tightening his grip around his shoulders as he buried his face against his hair. He couldn't believe this, he thought that it was all over.
But with a sinking heart he realised that this was all, far from over.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
💔💔💔💔💔😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫😫
Okay, tbh I was planning on ending this book 😂 but then I had this idea last night. So maybe this book will be as long as the others. Lol.
Let me know what you thought! 😉