Ch.8: It's Beginning

"Your death is on my hands now..."

~at the HQ~
It is 5 o'clock in the morning and everyone is awake. Boss called for an urgent meeting. Something about a leak.
"There has been a leak therefore there has been a change of plans. All teams are sailing towards the island at 8 am sharp. We have to arrest HE before anything bad happens again," Boss says sternly. "Thanks to Guardian and Joseph the person behind the leak has been stopped 2 hours ago. She is now in the interrogation room".
Everyone in the room nods. Endeavor stands up and addresses his team saying they should have breakfast and go over their assignment again. Elemental agrees with him but tells his team to train a bit. Everyone is leaving the room except Ryukyu's and my team. "We have a suggestion," All Might starts off. "We believe that we should stay behind and watch over his bases for any suspicious activities."
"Say no more. You will proceed with the mission as planned. The others are going to need each one of you," Boss cuts All Might off and leaves the room. I look at Toshinori and shrug, "well at least you tried," i tell him.
~time skip to 8.30 am~
We are now on our way to the island. Each one of the team has taken a boat except for Ryukyu's who are riding on her back. All Might is going over the plan for the 15th time in the past hour. I have zoned out since the moment i stepped on the boat. I finally get to meet HE; i have been on his tail since i have first became an agent at HQ. Thus, what Varin told me worries me a bit. 'HE is after your blood Guardian. The moment he sees you, he will kill you so fast no one will know what happened. HE will get you. Ya hear me?'
"I hate the seaaaaaaa!!!!!!!" someone from behind me whines.
"Nova get yourself together. You are embarrassing," Namleh says rolling his eyes at his teammate
"Hey! I am trying but it sucks being se sick," Nova says quickly and turns to puke in the sea.
"Poor Nova, here let me help you," Mal says walking to Nova. She extends her hands and puts them on the girl's back. Mal is an amazing healer. Here comes the best part! I fan girl over her.
Mal's eyes glow and she says:
"Let the wind set you free
From the burden you carry
Let your medicine be the sea
No more sickness, no worry".
A few seconds pass before the color returns to Nova's face and she straightens up.
"Cool power you got there. Thanks. I owe you one," she says
"Oh no biggie. I just did my job," Mal waves her hand at her and smiles.
"Quite the team right?" All Might asks me startling me in the process. I gasp out of surprise and he laughs at me. I glare at him and punch him in his arm.
"Oh shut up you big dork," i tell him laughing at his reaction.
He frowns and tells me that everything is going to be okay. He then hugs me and goes to the captain's room. I look around the dock and notice that Shoto has been staring at me. I take a deep breath and walk towards him, having an all-professional expression on my face. Just ask him how is he holding up. No big deal right? Right. "Hello Shoto,"
"Hi (y/n), how are you holding up?"
"Funny, i came here just to ask you the same thing,"
"Well, i am doing just fine".
"Yeah me too," i say and silence reins between us.
"EVERYONE WE ARE UNDER ATTACK," Lev shouts and creates a shield to prevent from a water ball from hitting him.
I look for the other boats but i do not see them. "HEY WHERE ARE THE OTHERS?" i shout and jump away from an indirect attack.
Everyone seems to be busy searching for the source of the attack and defending themselves.
"STICK TOGETHER," All Might shouts.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH? GET BACK INSIDE OLD MAN," i shout at him.
He looks taken aback. "I do not have time for this," i mutter to myself, "I AM GOING UNDERWATER, YOU GUYS TAKE CARE!" I do not wait for an answer and rush to the edge of the boat.
"(Y/N)!!!!" i hear both Shoto and Toshinori yell from behind me.
Do not worry about me guys... I have to find the person behind the attacks now. I can sense them in the water. But where could they be hiding? I also need to find Froppy and Yo. Their quirks are fit for this kind of situation. Whoa! What was that?
An ice spear comes towards me with lightning speed. I dodge it but it cuts small strands of my hair since my cape is down. Damn it, i have been spotted. I recite what Mal has thought me when we first met. Oh what a memory! There is no time for flashbacks! FOCUS (Y/N)!
"Glow and be a light
Shine like a knight
Help me win this fight
Lend me your strength and might"
After i recite the spell, a glowing figure appears beside me. "Hello Nymph, please i need you to protect me while i look for where the attacks are coming from," i tell the figure who nods at my request and forms a barrier around us.
"(Y/N)!!!" i hear a voice call out to me. It is Yo! And he is a dolphin.
"Thank goodness we have found you, Froppy and i have found the source of the attack. When we did, I felt you presence in the water so i went looking for you. Froppy is watching over the girl. I recognized her, 'Shelia'".
My eyes widens at the mention of her name. "He got his hand over Shelia. It is bad." Concern has taken over me and i start to lose focus. A bright light snaps me out of my thoughts but i feel pain in my side.
"I got ya," Froppy catches me with her tongue.
"What happened?" i ask her a bit fazed.
"Nymph took a huge hit for you and faded out of existence in the process. But you took a small part of the hit in your side," Yo exclaims getting in front of me.
"It appears Mr Boss was right. HE is targeting you," Froppy says getting behind me.
"What is up with you people? I can protect myself. And how do you know what Boss said? How did he know?" I ask them getting away from them and heading towards Shelia.
"Well well well, if it isn't the famous Guardian!!" she says and laughs maniacally. "Too bad HE wants you for himself". With that said, Shelia swims deeper in the sea. Goddamn it! What does HE want with me? I close my eyes and manipulate the water around me. Where are you Shelia? I do not sense any presence in the water except for Froppy and Yo's. Weird, i cannot sense any living creatures. Something feels off. I think to myself as i swim towards the surface. I jump out of the water followed by Yo and Froppy. We land on the island. Toshinori runs towards me and envelops me in a hug while my mother glares at him.
"I were so worried about you" Toshi exclaims.
"Ugh! Stop. You know i am not a certified and licensed hero for nothing," i tell him breaking out of the hug. I feel eyes on me, "You're a hero?" Momo asks me a bit shocked.
"We can talk about it when all of this is over," i tell her. I should not have said it aloud. Suddenly the ground started shaking. "What's going on?"
"Everyone try holding on to something and stick together,"
"Be ready for anything,"
"Why is the sand moving?"
"WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!" Endeavor shouts as the sand envelops us. Everything goes dark...

"(Y/n).... (Y/n).... Hey wake up," i hear a male's voice. Why do i feel soar and tired as if someone threw me of a skyscraper? I open my eyes to see red and white. Shoto's hair. "What happened?" i ask my voice above whisper. Bakugou, Ochako, Tsuyu, Midoriya and Momo are here too.
"We were split from the others and set underground by the sand. Only the seven of us are here. We have no idea of the others' whereabouts," Shoto says helping me up to my feet.
"Now that you are awake," Momo starts
"You owe us an explanation," Tsuyu finishes.
The rest look at me expectantly, "if you are already a hero, what are you doing at UA?" Ochako asks.
There is no way i can tell them the truth just yet. I take a deep breath, "i am in UA to learn more. I got my certificate from the agency but i still need to graduate from an official school to truly consider myself a hero," i lie to them in hopes to cover up.
"Well that makes sense," Midoriya says and Bakugou just rolled his eyes.
I hit my foot on the ground in order to locate an exit.

I point to my right, "if we go this way, we may got out of here"

"How do you know which way to go?" Ochako asks
"She used her quirk idiot," Bakugou replied her.
"Stop bickering and let's get moving," Shoto says already walking ahead of them.
"Yeah, let's go," i start leading them down the dimly lit passageway. I hope the others are okay...
~inside HE's base~
"Show yourself," Elemental shouts from a room
"Shoto where are you?" Endeavor calls from another
"Toshi can you hear?" Gran Torino yells
"Everything is going according to plan sir. Would you like to commence phase END?" the man asks HE who is sitting in front of the monitors smiling. "Finally, I have all the cards on deck: Broken trust, rivalry, loyalty to death, broken family, and her." HE points at (y/n), "I have her". HE taps on a button that grants him access to the microphone. HE smirks and says: "Today I welcome you to my humble island, heroes. I hope I didn't tire you much in finding me because you will need every drop of power you can muster to survive." HE pauses and sighs. Mischief and bloodlust showing in his eyes:

"Let's play a game shall we?"