The Wizard and the No-Maj (Part 2)

Fred entered the shop quietly; he was sure George would be in bed by now – sleeping was like a hobby to him. He crept upstairs to their shared apartment, and hung his coat on the hanger – he didn't need to turn the light on to know where everything was.

He was just about to walk up to their room, when the fire started and lights filled the room. Fred turned around to see his brother sat in an armchair, one leg crossed over the other, wand in hand, and an expectant look on his face.

Fred sighed and faced him, "Always one for dramatics, aren't you Georgie?"

George stood up and crossed his arms. "So, where have you been? You left work, didn't tell anyone where you was going, no note, no nothing! You—"

"You're starting to sound like Mum, y'know that?" Fred snickered.

George huffed in annoyance, "Well?"

Fred went to a cupboard in the kitchen and took out a cookie jar, he grabbed three or four of Molly's home-made chocolate chip cookies and sat by the fire. "I went for a walk round London, he started with a mouthful of food. "See what the muggles are up to, y'know?"

George sat back down in his chair and frowned, obviously not fully believing him. "It took you five and a half hours to 'see what the muggles are up to?'"

"Actually, it took me four and a half hours. Took me about an hour to walk get back." Fred replied, taking another bite of his cookie.

"Fred, don't be dim, just tell me!" George complained – he was so nosy it was unbelievable.

Fred stuffed the third cookie in his mouth (yes, the whole thing) and let out a few muffled sounds that could be words, but sounded more like he was speaking through a pillow.

"What?"

More muffled sounds.

"Fred!"

He swallowed the contents of his mouth and sighed. "I bumped into someone."

George frowned again, a little confused by his twins answer. "What, like someone we know?" Fred shook his head. "Sooo you met someone?" Fred nodded, not making eye contact with his brother. "So you met a person, and spent all day – and night – with said person, then you come home, and just don't want to talk about it?!"

"Merlin George, yes that's what happened. So now I'm going to bed because its really late and were working tomorrow so—"

"Nope!" George exclaimed, pushing him back into his seat, "Absolutely not! I wanna hear all about your little adventure in the muggle world and this amazing person you met!"

So, to put it basically, the twins stayed up all night talking about Fred's trip and all about (Y/N). And by the time they got to bed, George would pop up with new questions every few minutes – resulting in Fred throwing whatever he could grab to throw at him.

But all Fred could think about was where he was going to take (Y/N) tomorrow.

******************

It had been a month since (Y/N) moved to England, and so far she had found a part time job, which would be able to work around her University hours. She'd also fixed up her apartment, the fridge was fully stocked, and the T.V. was in, her bedroom looked great too – she was actually starting to feel like a real grown up now.

Today was going to be her first day at the University; she only had to go Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, which worked out well since she worked Tuesday afternoons (when she had a morning class), Wednesdays, and Fridays – so she had the weekends off for homework and other stuff.

And by other stuff she would most likely be hanging out with Fred. They spent a lot of time together, and he was basically her only friend here (that she didn't work with).

Speaking of Fred, he was supposed to meet her outside in a few minutes; he told her that he wanted to walk her there for her first day.

(Y/N) threw on her jacket and grabbed her bag, locking the door behind her as she left. She walked out to the busy path and looked for her friend – who was absolutely nowhere. Perfect.

She was about to leave when two hands slowly wrapped around her eyes, "Don't scream," said the voice in a ridiculously low tone.

(Y/N) only laughed at it, "Fred, you better not be smudging my makeup right now."

He laughed and walked in front of her, "How'd you know it was me and not some psycho trying to kidnap you?"

She raised an eyebrow, "That was the worst fake voice I've ever heard."

Fred gasped dramatically and put his hand to his chest. "Oh, (Y/N), how you wound me! Such pain! Such betrayal!"

(Y/N) burst into fits of laughter, Fred soon following. "Calm down, Shakespeare. Now, we've gotta get going or I'm gonna be late for my first day!" She grabbed his hand and ran across the road (which resulted in a five minute lecture about road safety from Fred), and headed to the University – which was a thirty minute walk. Sure, she could've taken a taxi, which would save about maybe fifteen minutes, but then she'd have to deal with traffic (and she'd have to pay with her hard-earned money!)

As they reached the entrance to the correct building, (Y/N) stopped abruptly. Fred turned to her worriedly, but soon realised the problem. "(Y/N)? You alright?" He asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She snapped her head back to him and nodded. "Wha- yea-yeah! I'm fine! I'm great actually! I'm totally completely great!" She said – her voice a little too high to sound like the truth.

Fred moved his arm across both of her shoulders to give her a side-hug. "(Y/N/N), love, you're gonna be fine! Don't be so nervous, you'll probably have loads of fun. You'll go in there and meet some people and learn some stuff – might even make a few friends. As long as you don't replace me though." He said in a reassuring tone.

"But what if I don't? What if I'm just like the weird American girl with no friends? What if they start asking questions that I don't know the answers to? What if—"

"Okay," Fred interrupted, holding a hand up to cut her off, "I'm gonna stop you there before you get yourself all worked up. First of all, I find your American-ness – shush, were pretending its a word – endearing. Second, I'm sure you're going to make plenty of friends, maybe not on the first day – but you will. And third, I know plenty about not knowing the answers to stuff – school wasn't always my strong spot. Just take a guess at something that could be the answer and if it is wrong – which it probably won't be cause you're really smart – just play it off like you just forgot. So, stop freaking out, you're gonna be great! And I'll meet you here at four so you can tell me all about it. Okay?"

(Y/N) smiled at him and nodded. He was so supportive and she was so grateful, she honestly couldn't thank him enough for being so amazing. He did so much for her just by being in her company; all the walks they took on their lunch breaks, and the movie nights where she had to explain everything to him because he'd never seen them before, not to mention all those times he'd cooked for her when she fell asleep after a long day (she still had no idea how he cooked it, since he couldn't even figure out the stove). He'd done so much for her in the little time she'd been here, she had no clue how to make it up to him.

She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck (standing on her toes because Fred is pretty frickin' tall), (Y/N) squeezed him tight as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He held her just as tightly; partly to calm her down, but also because he liked how close they were.

"Thanks, Fred." She mumbled into his neck, giving him one last squeeze before pulling away.

"Don't mention it. Now go on before youre late."