The Wizard and the No-Maj (Part 4)

Fred ran through the shop and up to the twins shared apartment, carelessly slamming doors behind him, he ran into the living-room and put on the lights and fire. With all the noise, George was startled out of his bed (and onto the floor). He grunted as he got up, cursing at his twin under his breath as he opened the door. He dragged his feet to the source of the ruckus to see his brother acting like a complete idiot. "What the bloody hell are you doing, jumping around, making all this noise?! You woke me up, you tosser!"

Fred stopped being weird (sort of anyway) and turned to face the sleepy George, beaming like he just won the lottery – which, in his mind, he felt he had. "I asked her! I finally asked her!" He exclaimed, resisting the urge to scream out the window so everyone in Diagon Alley would know.

George rubbed his tired face, not really taking in what Fred had to say. "Asked who? What?"

Fred leaped over a footstool and grabbed his twins shoulders. "(Y/N)! I asked (Y/N) to be my girlfriend!" He specified, shaking George's shoulders in excitement. "And she said yes! She said yes, George, can you believe it? Merlin, I feel like the luckiest man in the world." He threw his arms up and grinned, acting like a little kid getting their first broom.

"Well," George yawned, "can't say I didn't see it coming. But I am happy for ya, Freddie." He noted while patting Fred's shoulder, "But can we go to bed now? I'm tired."

"Bed? I don't think I'll be able to sleep all night!" Fred complained with a smile still stretched on his face.

"Don't you plan to walk her to Uni tomorrow?" George yawned again.

Eyes widening, Fred gasped dramatically, "You're right!" He yelled as he ran into the room and dove on the bed.

George rubbed his eyes as he followed his brother. "Well that's a first." He mumbled, a tired smirk on his face.

******************

November came around, which meant that Fred and (Y/N) had been dating for about three months – and it had been completely perfect. Fred would walk her to and from University most days, or surprise her at work to bring her a snack. He'd helped her decorate and furnish her apartment too, each room was painted a different colour and photos were hung on the walls. Fred also insisted that (Y/N) painted her bedroom walls red because 'it's just the best colour y'know'; so they settled for white and red with black curtains (or as Fred liked to call them: window blankets). He'd stay over occasionally [[innocent sleepover ya nasties]], which George teased him for relentlessly, but Fred couldn't have been happier.

And that's why he decided he had to tell her.

Everything.

Fred shuffled up to her apartment and knocked on the door, hearing a quiet 'It's open!' before stepping in. (Y/N) was sat at the kitchen island – papers and pens and Merlin knows what else scattered on the surface – working and writing frantically.

He smiled at the sight of her and leaned against the table, watching her intently; her furrowed brows, her pursed lips, the way she scrunched her nose and bit her pencil when she was concentrating; he loved to remind himself that this adorable being was his girlfriend. "Thought I told you, you should lock the door more. What if I was some weirdo coming to kidnap you?"

(Y/N) smirked and paused her notes to look up at him. "Fred, you'll never not be a weirdo, but I'm sure I could take you."

They sat like that for a while, making light conversation while (Y/N) worked – until Fred decided he had stalled enough.

Taking a deep breath, Fred reached over to grab her hand and held it tightly to ease his nerves. "(Y/N) I need to tell you something."

This successfully caught her attention. (Y/N) looked up at him, setting down her pen and furrowing her brows, "Is something wrong?" She asked cautiously.