Romance: "I Hate that I Love You"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! That was the sound of my alarm clock continuously blasting into my ear drums. I tried to bury my head under my pillow to drown out the noise but it was to no avail. Therefore, I just gave up on trying to get a little more sleep and sat upright in my bed. I groggily stretched my hand toward the direction of the blaring noise to silence it. Just as I put it off, my little sister, Zoey, burst through my bedroom door.

"SKYLAR! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!!" she yelled, at the top of her lungs, causing me to flinch and cover my ears.

"Ugh.... thank you little sister." I replied slowly removing my hands from my ears.

"You're welcome!" she squeaked then frolicked her way back to wherever she came from.

"Okay! New day, let's get it!" I have myself a little morning motivation, then climbed out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom.

*Insert quick morning preparation here*

I took up my backpack and make my way to the kitchen where Zoey and my father were seated at the table and mom was at the stove making some final touches to breakfast.

"Good morning." I spoke up, causing them to glance in my direction.

"Oh morning, Sky." Dad greeted me.

"Good Morning, Sweetie, did you have a good sleep?" Mom asked.

"I guess you could say that." I answered with a little chuckle. I sat at the table and began to eat my breakfast.

"You two better hurry up, the bus will be here soon." our dad reminded us. This caused both Zoey and I to rush-eat our breakfast. The bus arrived just as I was taking my last gulp of orange juice.

"Bye Mom, bye Dad!" we both said in unison, kissing each on the cheek and dashed out the door to the bus.

We stepped on the bus and each took our various seats. There was an open seat next to the window so I took my chance and sat down. I put in my earphones to help the 15 minute ride to school go by with me in a good mood. The bus jerked to a stop but I'm front of the school.

I got of the bus and fixed my backpack on my back and started walking toward the school building when someone shoved me, almost making me fall.

"Watch where you're going, you klutz." I looked up to where this voice was coming from and it was Dylan. This guy has been making my highschool life miserable. Why? I have not the slightest clue.

"You're the one who bumped into me, though." I spat back. He rolled his eyes and walked off.

"What's his deal?" I questioned, slightly annoyed.

"SKYYYYYYY!!" I heard a really high pitched voice calling out to me. I looked around frantically and then finally spotted my friend, Maya bolting it toward me.

"M-Ma-Maya! MAYA!! SLOW DOWN!!" I stuttered, slowly backing away but in vain. She basically tackled me, luckily I didn't fall over.

"Gooooood morning Sky!" she squealed. I look at her with a look that's like a mix of worry and amusement.

"Haha, good morning Maya. Why are you so chipper this morning?" I asked while patting her back.

"It's almost summer break, of course I'm gonna be excited." she replied, slightly bouncing while walking. I just replied with a laugh.

We entered the building and walked straight to our lockers which, luckily, were right next to each other. We took the books we needed for the first three classes and then made our way to the classroom. As we stepped into the classroom, I saw something that left a bitter taste in my mouth, rather someone.