Action: "Gotta Get Out"

I opened my eyes slowly, a bright light rushing past my eyelids, causing me to flinch and attempt to cover my eyes but I was unable to. I look down and see that I was tied to a chair. When I notice this fact, my nerves finally reacted to the wounds I had all over my body. I flinched from a sharp pain which attacked my head then felt a warm liquid drip down the right side of my face, as it dripped off of my chin, I realized it was my blood.

"Oh, you finally decided to wake up, huh?" A woman's voice spoke. I looked in the direction of where the voice originated.

A woman wearing a red pant-suit and black heels was making her way toward me.

"Who are you? Where am I?" were obviously the first questions out of my mouth.

"You don't recognize me?" she giggled, "I guess they hit you a little too hard."

"Answer my questions." I demanded. I was experiencing genuine confusion but I don't want that to be exposed on my face so I kept a poker face.

She made her way over to me and gently placed her hand on my left cheek, caressing it.

"Aw, poor Kaden. Do you really not know what is going on?" she began, "Try to remember."

She softly passed her hand from my face to my shoulder as she stepped around to my other side. No matter what I did, I couldn't remember how I got in this situation, but what I do know is that I need to get out of here, now.

"Hey, can you untie me. This isn't very comfortable." I requested. I took this opportunity to look up in her face. She was looking down at me with an indescribable expression, but then quickly changed to a sly smile.

"Okay, I'll untie you." she replied, and started to remove the ropes. As soon as the ropes dropped to the floor, I made a run for the nearest door, despite all the pain I'm feeling.

"Ah... It would've been better for you if you stayed here." the woman sighed.

I ran in an unknown direction until I met another door.

"Please be the way outside." I begged to myself, as I opened it. Behind the door, stood a multitude of men. They all looked in my direction causing me to take a step back but my back met with a hard surface. When I turned around, I was face to face with a very burly guy.

"Where do you think your going?" he spoke. I didn't answer, except I tried to figure out a way past him. While doing this, he thrust his fist in my direction. I dodged it then, ran past the man.

"Get that punk!" I heard someone shout. I was running yet again in an unknown direction. This time I met with a dead end. I quickly turned around to see the group of men running toward me.

'What do I do? What do I do?' I frantically thought to myself.

One of the men fired a punch after me, which I managed to dodge causing the man to stumble forward allowing me an opening to hit him in the back of his head with my elbow.

"Woah..." I shocked my self with what I just did, "how did I do that?"

More of the guys lunged at me with various attacks. Two came at me simultaneously, each aiming for my head. My body ended up moving on it's own and I back flipped out of the way, luckily kicking, my assailants in the process.

I was on one knee when I felt a rush of pain from the side of my face as I was sent flying toward the wall.

"Argh" I exclaimed.

Through my one open eye, I could see the men all coming at me to finish me off. I brushed off the pain and got up and sped off.

Left. Right. I dodged and dodged. If I got caught up in the fighting, there was no way I would win since I was already pretty beat up. I ended up tripping over my own feet and fell face first.

"This isn't the time to be clumsy." I said to myself, attempting to return to my feet, in vain. The same man from before appeared before me and quickly grabbed me and pulled me to my feet, almost tearing through my shirt.

"Haha... hey um you wouldn't mind telling me how to get outta here would ya?" I asked, chuckling a bit.

"Very funny." he replied in a monotone voice, and started to retract his fist to hit me. I braced for impact when I heard a voice call out.

"Stop." the voice ordered. There stood a man who emitted an air of authority.

When the man who was holding me saw who spoke he immediately released me, causing to fall to the floor.

"Thanks for being gentle." I spat sarcastically. This earned a very malicious look from the burly man.

"Kaden. Follow me." The other man spoke then started walking away. I thought about this for a second, wondering if this was a good idea. Then again, it beats running around here like a headless chicken. I rise to my feet slowly since I was still in immense pain.

After a few minutes, the man broke the silence. "Kaden, I am a police officer working here undercover." he revealed.

I stopped in my tracks from shock, while continued walking. I noticed he wasn't going to stop so I continued walking.

"So can I trust you to get me out?" I asked, hope evident in my voice.

"Do you know how you got here?" he ignored my question. He glanced at me when I took a while to answer. 

"I... I honestly don't know." I answered. I was honestly very confused this whole time. "I woke up tied to a chair and all beat up."

"Do you remember anything that happened before you woke up?" the officer continued to question me as we continued walking. Now that I think about it, I don't remember anything having to do do with this place at all...wherever this place is.

"No, not a thing." I replied. The officer released a sigh. He seemed to be relieved.

"Okay, that's good. We can keep it that way." he began. We had finally arrived at a door with the sign EXIT above it. "I already called someone to pick you up and take you to the hospital. Just walk until you reach the main road, which is about 5 minutes from here in that direction." he instructed carefully.

"Thanks, but I'm still confused about how I got here." I stated. Is it really okay for me to just leave like this?

"Trust me, kid, the less you know the better. Now get going." he retorted and shoved me outside, closing the door behind me.

"Well, at least I'm out of there. Now to get to the hospital." I said, and made my way to the main road.

******

Hey y'all.

Okay this is my first time attempting at writing anything 'action-y' so I'm sorry if it isn't all that good but I would appreciate your constructive criticism. I hope you enjoyed the second story of this book and please look forward to the next one 😁