Chapter 20

Harry's POV:

"No we are not wasting our time with that girl again. She just doesn't fit in with us." Sarah defended me.

"Not our problem Sarah. She will be here in a few minutes and I don't want such attitude." Marie shrugged off.

"But why can't I celebrate my holiday without being in public eye? I want to be with my family and the people I like!" I bumped my fist on the table.

"You are under us Harry. And we are doing this for you. You have you give in." Jeffery commanded.

"No Jeff. It's his life. If he doesn't want to do this why are you all forcing him?" Mitch calmly stated.

"So you're telling us that all the effort we are putting into getting fame and money for Harry is useless?" Marie pretended to be shocked; at least that's what I think.

"That's not what I wa-" The sound if the door being opened cut off Mitch in between his speech. Camille was standing there in a black dress which ended high above her knees and was strapless.

Nandini would never wear that. She looks cute in everything she wears but she would never wear something thus revealing to an official meeting. That is why no model could ever take her place.

That's it. No one can ever take her place. If they want me to be on the cover of Vogue, I will be with Nandini. No one else.

"I already said this and I'm saying it again. I am not giving in for it." I said firmly.

Camille walked towards us and took a seat in front of me.

"Did I miss anything?" She asked in a pleasing tone that didn't please anyone except Marie and Jeffrey.

"No my dear, you didn't. We were just starting the deal." Marie's tone was never so good for me. The French manager who was sitting quietly until now spoke again.

"I tink I must say ys to Voghue. Wat do you say Maria?"

"Yes I definitely agree." She nodded and before any of us could say anything, Jeffrey interrupted, "So I will let you both decide what way you would like to come out. We want all eyes on you. Mitch and Sarah, your work is over here."

They both exchanged expressions and then looked at me. I blinked my eyes assuring them that I've got this. But I didn't want to be alone in this room with Camille. I don't want to talk to her or face her again.

"C'mun miss. Ee ned to inform them 'bout zis." Adolphe guided Marie and Jeffrey out of the room. Mitch patted my back before following Sarah out.

"Well Harry, what do you say? Should we start it with me spending the night in your apartment?" She got up from her seat and came towards me. My voice got lost in my throat and before I could protest, she was already leaning above me.

She stared at me intensely but her gaze seemed to burn my skin. It was not like the one my girl gave. I looked at her face but Nandini's pure and shiny eyes came I front of me instead.

I am seeing her in two days and I can't let anyone ruin that. Not this girl leaning on neither me nor my management. With all the courage I could gather, I said, "What would you take to end this?"

She got startled by my statement and stood a foot apart. "What do you mean?"

"It was clear. Say no to your manager and end this."

She looked at me wide eyed. Then started her manipulation again. "Why Harry? Think of how much fun we can have together. It would be great." She crawled back to me.

"Shut up Camille. I know you like your best friend. And you have been with him every time we weren't together." Her face turned red when I stated the fact I know.

"Here's a deal, you say no and I'll help you get with that friend of yours." I offered. I waited for a while for her answer but when she didn't say, I continued.

"It is for both of us. And think about how much more publicity it will get you, coming out with your friend. Media will rush over that."

She gave a deep thought and then looked at me with concern.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes." I tried to encourage her.

"I am in." She spoke. Yes! This is what I wanted. You're pretty good at manipulating Harry!

"Great! Let's go and stop them from doing more stupid things." I said and we went out to find Marie, Jeffery and Adolphe still discussing.

"Hey guys so here we are with the final decision. We are not doing this." I said before any of them could get a chance to interrupt.

"What!" Jeffery exclaimed.

"Yes. It's mutual." I kept my expressions straight even thought I wanted to laugh loud.

"Is it?" Marie looked at Camille and she nodded.

"Yes it is. We are not interested in this plan anymore."

"Wat are you saing!" Adolphe looked at her shocked.

"We'll talk about this later Adol. Right now, we are just not interested in this anymore. Thank you for the offer Maria, we are going." She said and turned to me and mouthed thank you before moving out of the building followed by her manager.

Marie looked at me with twitched lips and brows and I simply shrugged my shoulders. "What did you say her Styles?" Jeffrey asked annoyed.

"Nothing. She just told me she was into her friend and I said then go for it. That's all. Nothing happened." I tried to give a puppy face to them.

"Alright. This came to nothing. You can go. Enjoy your time." Marie's wish didn't sound as a wish but at least I was free.

I rushed out and texted Mitch about what happened and soon received congratulation from him.

I got in my car and drove to where I dropped Gemma. I tried to find her from inside the car because I didn't want to be recognised now. She spotted my car and paced towards me with few huge shopping bags in her hand.

She opened the back gate and kept all the bags in and say in the passenger seat.

"What are all those?" I asked.

"Oh, I thought I must take something for Nandini and her parents too from our side." She giggled in excitement.

"How was your meeting? What did they say?" She suddenly turned serious.

"They offered Camille Rowe." Her eyes went wide and she waited for me to continue. "But I used my intelligence and got out of it." I said proudly.

"I don't agree with that but I'm proud of you." She patted my shoulder and I drove off back to my apartment.

Nandini's POV:

My tears blurred my vision but I kept driving. I couldn't stop. He slapped me. He doubted me. And he spied on me. Proved me all wrong about him.

I never thought my best friend would do this. Never even in my dreams I thought of him slapping me. This feeling of broken trust left a hole in my heart and it ached in disappointment.

I stopped in front of a hotel and stayed inside the car for a few minutes. The tears now streamed down my cheeks and I let them.

But I didn't have to cry. It was not me who was wrong. I wiped my tears, checked myself in the mirror, took my stuff and went in the hotel.

I checked in for a room for the night and quickly ran to where the bell boy guided me.

Once I got in the room, I locked it and threw my bag and things on the chair and bumped on the bed.

It was late night now and my head was hurting bad. Everything in front of my eyes seemed wrong. I felt heavy. Like something was drilling in me.

A few more tears rolled down as I lay there, fallen and broken.

______________________________________

A/N : Things are going on with me right now. But good part, it helps in writing;)