Hatch

*2 years after the banishment of Tennex,
3 weeks after the sudden disappearance of Kyu*

"Are we just not going to talk about this?" Hatch asked.

Medelyn looked at him with a sweet smile, making Hatch unsure if Medelyn was toying with him or not.

"Talk about what?" She brightly asked.

Hatch glanced at the vacant chair next to him in response.

"The empty chair? Oh don't worry darling, we'll have a guest in no time. He's just... cleaning up," Medelyn explained dreamily, resting her chin in her palm.

"I meant my brother, which is gone," Hatch said with a thick tone of indiscreet annoyance.

"Which of them?" Medelyn asked in response, now obviously playing the fool.

Hatch rose from the table, slamming his hand onto the surface of it.

"Oh doesn't this remind you of something? I'm sure I remember another occasion in which you slammed your hand into this exact table," Medelyn pretended to ponder, tapping one of her long nails against the wooden substance.

"Don't you dare talk about Tennex so carelessly," Hatch hissed. The wound his brother's banishment left, was still far too fresh.

"Hatch, calm down. I do not know where Kyu is. Sit please, he's coming. First impressions," Medelyn whispered as she straightened her back and turned towards the man as he strode into the room.

Hatch had never seen him before, although he was sure he knew every warlock in existence. The man was tall and muscular, but his face oddly resembled one of a porcelain doll.

Hatch rose and bowed.

The man stopped in his tracks and bowed back.

Hatch was the first to rise, lifting his hand to shake the strangers'.

"Hatch," he introduced himself as, to which the man responded "Teqiyen."

Hatch nodded and faked a polite smile, knowing that if Teqiyen was Medelyns lover, he was bound to be awful.

"It really is a pleasure. Medelyn didn't tell me she lived with another man. I hope I'm not intruding." Teqiyen softly remarked, as he moved so he stood behind Medelyn's chair, resting his hands on her shoulders.

"Two men actually. Speaking of which, where is my brother?" Hatch continued to ask.

"Hatch, dear, I promise you that I do not know. You are allowed to check my memories if you must, but I'd advise you to skip the ones of last night. They are quite... eventful," Medelyn giggled as she peeked over at Teqiyen, who was seating himself at the table.

Teqiyen glanced up at Medelyn to make eye-contact as she uttered those words. He looked eager and happy.

"You've probably erased your memories then, so I wouldn't be able to see them," Hatch accused Medelyn of.

"You fool. How would I know that I erased my memories, if I erased my memories?" She groaned.

"Your friend has gone missing?" Teqiyen asked.

"Brother," Hatch corrected.

"Right. Well I'm sure you've heard about Kithalyuh and his current rampage. Right?" Teqiyen softly asked, as if the matter was of great importance and likely was a sensitive subject to them all.

Hatch looked at him intensely. "Tell me what you know," he demanded.

"He's been hunting down warlocks, killing us off one by one. Although I'm very well aware that he is not the only one with that goal in mind, he has been quite successful so far. He's the leader of a species called Qilains, easily recognizable by their black marks. Either nails, eyes, lips or tongues. More I do not know," Teqiyen finished.