Thank You, Asahi

(Over text)
You: What if I look to formal!?
Butt head 1: Girl, you're wearing combat boots and chains, there's no way you look formal.
Butt head 3: Or normal for that matter.
You: Oh shut up!
Butt head 2: you look great, I promise!

I clicked off my phone and slid it into my pocket. I looked up to the slightly-greyish sky, light speckling the view. I straightened out my cargo pants and dusted the cat hair from my 'nicer-looking' top. It was really just a black, cropped hoodie with some buttons on it. I had switched out my regular dangling earrings with some studs, and my belly button piercing for a clear one. My parents were infuriated when I got my ears pierced without them knowing, nonetheless my tongue, eyebrow, I could go on. Because of that, I kept this one a secret.

I leaned against the brick wall as a group of moms, who looked to be in about their mid-forties, walked by, giving me a death glare. I rolled my eyes at them, eliciting a scoff and laugh from the group. Once they had passed, I glanced at the time on my phone: 6:45.

"Um-hey (y/n)!" My face lit up at the voice I heard. I turned my head, a goofy smile plastered on my face.

"Hi, Asahi!" I waved at him eagerly and went skipping towards him.

"You look, um......."

"Do I look bad? I can go home and change, I don't live too far-"

"No! You look great! It just um....different..." he scratched the back of his neck. Dang it, Yurata was right, I look insane. "So," His sweet voice interrupted my thoughts, "you ready?"

"Oh, yeah," I said, monotony in my tone.

We walked for a while before reaching the planned location. It was a pretty nice coffee shop, located in a cute corner of town. By cute I mean, most of the places to eat were cat cafes. We stepped inside, taking a seat close to a window. We sat in awkward silence until the waiter arrived.

"Hello there! What can I get you guys today?" He asked, a little too cheerfully.

"I'll have the [pick a drink! I like boba tea] please." I spoke quieter than I should've, but he still heard.

"Alrighty! How bout you?" He asked, pivoting on his heel towards Asahi.

"I'll have a decaf coffee please. Cream and sugar."

"Alrighty then! I'll have those out in just a moment!" He practically skipped away, leaving us in an awkward silence once again.

"Why did you agree to go out with me?" I spoke softly, my eyes facing the table. He looked kind of shocked, removing his gaze from the window and placing it on me.

"Well, its because I like you..." My head shot up at those words.

"You do?!" I spoke quite loudly, a couple people turning their heads to look.

"Well, yeah," he spoke while fiddling with the napkin on the table "you're funny and cute and seem like a good person." I used my hands to hide a slight blush that found its way towards my cheeks.

"Alright!" The barista interrupted, "I got those drinks!" He placed them on the table.

(Time skip)

We finished our drinks quickly, Asahi getting up to pay. "Thanks..."

"Hm? Oh, no problem!" Boy do I love him.

We stepped out of the shop, rain beginning to cover our heads. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I received a text from my mom. "Hi honey!" It read, "Your father and I are going to be on business trips, you could stay at home or find a friend to stay with. I love you!" I let out a sigh.

"Whats wrong?" Asahi questioned.

"My parents are going to be on business trips and I have to stay at home alone, and I hate that."

"Um....you could spend the night at my place until you find somewhere to stay."

"Really!? THANKS!"

(Another time skip cuz I'm super lazy)

He unlocked the door to his house. It smells like brownies.

"Here," he interrupted my thoughts, "you can sleep here." He laid a blanket on the couch.

"Hm, oh thanks." I crashed on the couch, almost immediately falling asleep.

A couple hours later, I awoke to the crash of thunder. I screamed. I hate thunder beyond imagination. Tears welled up in my eyes until a warmth surrounded my body. Asahi sat next to me on the couch, letting me fall asleep in his arms. He played with my hair and hummed a tune as I drifted into my sleep.....

⫷so sorry for a short chapter! I have lots of ideas for the next one though, so it should be better. Thank you SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!! You people are the literal best. Please don't mind any errors, I wrote this on my computer. Once again, Asahi loves you!!!⫸