Take my hand

Rey POV

Ben grins and quickly falls down to the floor. My body follows him down and I see his eyes close. I place my ear against his chest, it's silent. I hold back my tears and take a deep breath.

I won't lose Ben Solo like this.

I place my hands onto his wounds and feel the essence of the life force flow out of me and into Ben. His wounds start to heal and soon I hear him start to cough.

He looks up at me in awe as I stroke his chin.

"Ben... are you ok-"

He pulls me down and kisses me softly.

When he lets go we start to smile at each other with happy tears and our lips crash into each other again like the tide on the shore. We grin between kisses as we hear the starfleet explode above us like a firework show. It all feels so surreal, I don't want to let go.

...

Suddenly ruins of the starfleet fall down, causing the surface beneath us to begin to crumble.

We let go of each other and stand up cautiously as we scan our surroundings for our ships. When we finally spot them Ben and I nod at each other.

Time to get the hell out of here.

I jump into the X-wing and Ben jumps into his Tie Silencer and we fly out of Palpatine's Sith lair as it crumbles beneath us.

As I dodge the falling ruins from the starfleet I hear my comms beep.

"Rey, it's Poe, the resistance is heading back to base, do you need transport or is your X-wing in good enough shape to get back?"

"I have enough fuel, see you at base"

"Got it...Wait!"

"What is it?"

I swear if Palpatine comes back again I'm going to rip my hair off.

"I'm getting a distress signal, a rebel from our fleet says they spot Kylo Ren's fighter tailing yours!"

"Oh actually Poe—"

"I'm sending backup don't worry"

"Wait-"

Poe turns off his comm before I have a chance to explain and I let out an annoyed sigh. Poe is great, but he's a stubborn man.

I try to reach him again to no avail.

I hear another beep from my comms and I quickly answer. Maybe I can still stop this.

"Poe thank goodness, you see—"

"It's Ben."

I sigh and bite my lip as guilt takes over me.

"Ben I'm so sorry"

"About what?"

"Poe thought I was in trouble so he sent backup to defend me from you...well who you used to be, Kylo Ren."

I hear Ben sigh. We both know his bloodthirsty reputation precedes him.

"Have you tried calling him back?"

"He's not answering."

"If I fire at rebels, then I'm the enemy again. If I don't fire back, I'm dead..."

I furrow my brows in thought and then I smile.

"Don't worry, I have a plan"

"Which is?"