Welcome home

Rey POV

As I fly Ben to the rebel base he asks me a question.

"Rey?"

"Yes?"

"How did you save me?"

"Which time?" I grin.

Ben chuckles "Back on Exegol"

"When I killed Palpatine the life force he stole from us both flowed back into me in an instance. It knocked the wind out of me and left me unconscious as well as quite literally breathless for a while."

"So that's why I didn't hear you breathing when I found you, and why I couldn't transfer any life force to you."

"Exactly, and that's how I had enough life force to bring you back to life"

"You're a life saver Rey"

I laugh "Oh shut up"

....

Ben POV

As soon as we land on the Rebel base I yell in relief.

"FINALLY I CAN GET OUT OF THIS TRUNK!"

Rey glances back from the pilot seat at me. I glare at her.

"You try being stuck in the tiny trunk of an X-wing for over an hour"

She chuckles "I hope that day never comes"

Before she gets out of her seat she looks at me again and ponders briefly in thought. She looks so damn cute when she does that.

"Ben, I think there are some old clothes of Luke's in the trunk, maybe you could try those on so you appear less.."

"...menacing?"

"Yes...the black doesn't seem to help the others believe that you have changed."

I frown "I thought the absence of my mask and my red lightsaber would have been enough..."

I scrummage around for the clothes and hold up some beige pants and a white robe.

"Ugh this smells horrible and it's so...tiny. Rey I'm not gonna fit in this and these colors are disgusting"

Rey points to her white outfit "Disgusting?"

I grin "On me not on you"

She laughs "Oh come on Ben, you can pull off more than just black"

"Don't lie to me"

Rey looks at me with hesitation."Well then...menacing black it is" she says and quickly turns around.

We both turn back to look at each other seconds later and burst into laughter. Rey then opens the X-wing up and turns to me before she climbs out.

"With your hair you could wear a bag and make it look good. But if you don't want to wear Luke's clothes that's okay. It was wrong of me to think you should have to change your clothes to make others like you. Just wear whatever makes you feel good, we can deal with the rest together"

"Whatever makes me feel good?"

"Yes"

"So...I can wear nothing?" I say with a smirk.

Rey presses her lips together as her face flushes to the shade of a pink rose. She exhales and climbs out of the ship, too speechless to talk to me.

Is that a yes?

...

Rey POV

"So...I can wear nothing?" Ben says with a smirk.