Connor Murphy x Reader (Unedited) // Online

God I'm so in love with this boy and it isn't okay.

...

You flopped on your bed, happy and content, and just waiting for your online friend to message you back after what you had deemed an exciting day.

You were always the popular kid at your school, and well, after a full day of singing lessons, acting, cheer, and studying, "it had been a long day" would be an understatement.

Not to mention a crush.

Normally, boys didn't catch your eye. Not that they weren't in your league, you tried to be as humble and accepting as you could, but it was just-they were bland, and they were, well-boys. Immature. Loud. Reckless.

You were even friends with a few, so you should've knew. Kurt and Ram, although absolutely hilarious at times, were both jerks and you had to remind yourself that is was part of their "act". An "act" that every person tried to put on to survive high-school.

Some people were just better at it than others.

So today, when a boy sauntered in with his messy bun, worn leather bag, a comfortable midnight hoodie and ripped black jeans paired with combat boots, you couldn't help but stare, a light blush dusting your cheeks at how good he did look.

He glanced up at you, giving you a hard blank stare, before turning back to his paper without another thought.

Damn.

You were pretty sure you got the "Oh, you're popular? Well I'm a freak, go ahead and mock me," stare, but nevertheless, you continued sneaking glances at him throughout class, more questions dancing throughout your mind.

Who was he?

Why was he in this class?

Did he transfer?

Did he skip?

Did you just never notice him before?

A sudden ping! interrupted your thoughts.

Connor: hey, Y/N? how was ur day today? feel like bitchin, like always?

Y/N: today s'alright. Connor, you'll never believe what happened.

Connor: what?

Y/N: i fell for a boy i literally didn't even meet personally. i don't think I'm okay.

Connor: Do you have his name?

Y/N: No. i hope i'll find out tmmw, let you know

Connor: Great-shit gtg Zoe's callin me byeee

You frowned. Zoe calling never meant a good thing, from what he told you, and he seemed to leave in a hurry after you told him about mystery boy.

Odd.

Maybe everything would be okay tomorrow...

...

Connor felt like simultaneously punching himself and his computer until one or the other felt more shattered.

It was stupid, he realized. He always knew based on how you described yourself to be popular, and he guessed that this boy was popular was well.

Surely it was inevitable, he knew, that you two would fall in love and live a happily ever after. A husband, two kids, the whole white picket fence.

He loved you, and he knew it. There was no hiding it from himself, he had tried, but there was, unfortunately, no way.

And you could never love him back.