Spot Conlon x Reader // Queen of New York

NOTE: In this oneshot, you will have good grammar because you are in charge of writing an editorial (if you didn't pick that up). Also, please note that this is most likely incorrect, because I am not in the Newsies fandom yet. So, yeah, maybe I'll edit this later, but right now I'm writing this purely for Anna and you guys.

...

It was a cold, snowy New York City night. You tossed and turned in the bottom bunk, unsure whether you were going to be able to get any sleep.

The strike was just starting, and although you knew that Spot had the best insight on what would happen with the Newsies of Manhattan, you were worried that they wouldn't pull through in time, that they would be left in the dust on their own.

Alone with Pulitzer & Dearest Father, Hearst.

" 'Ey, Y/N, youse okay?" Spot called from below, earning a couple of grumbles and shifts around you.

"Hush it," he snapped to the others, and turned back to you, his dark blonde hair catching in the candlelight.

"I'm fine," you whispered quietly. "I, just, oh Spot, Daddy is going to be so mad, me sneaking 'way like this. D'ya think Kelly and the others will 'ave enough passion in order to strike? What if ey're left on 'eir own?"

"Queen of New York," Spot whispered cheekily, and you blushed at the nickname, watching him shift in the dim lighting. "Youse has enough sense ta know that Kelly 'as a good head on 'is shouldas, and Ise testing, yeah?"

"Yeah," you muttered quietly, the unwanted doubt seeping in your voice.

"Oh, youse," he mumbled fondly. "Come 'ere."

You quietly jumped off the top of your bunk bed, feet softly touching the ground. By now, you thought, it 'ought to have been midnight, and most of the other boys were sleeping.

You quietly shuffled yourself closer and tucked the blanket onto you and him neatly, trying to snuggle into him.

"Queen of New York," he muttered, and you smiled shyly again. "You'll be alrite. We all be'lright. Daling, no family ove youse gonna come getcha hea. Youse safe."

"Now, getsom rest."

You obliged, trying to sink into the pillows and thin grey blankets, as Spot brought you in closer.

"Night, Spot."

"Night, doll."

...

RIP

THIS IS TRASH

Also @sincerelyconnor, we are working on your request, sorry if it's taking a bit long.

BYEEEEEEE