Chapter One

Harry Potter used to live in a cupboard under the stairs. He used to cook and clean for rude muggle relatives. He used to go to Hogwarts. He used to go to interviews after defeating the Dark Lord. He used to cook for his wife and kids. He used to visit his wife's grave. He used to visit his children's graves. He used to laugh. He used to do a lot of things when he was Harry Potter who lived at Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place. He didn't anymore. It hurt a bit too much.

Harry had made a grave mistake as a teen and young adult. He had collected all three Hallows. He wishes he hadn't. He also wishes he didn't waste so much time as an Auror. So much time lost with his family. Too much time. Even as the immortal Master of Death, Harry had run out of time.

Why did his family have The Invisibility Cloak? Why did he have to get it passed onto him? He wishes Dumbledore had just kept it for himself. He keeps it with him at all, in Hermione's old extension-charmed bag.

Why did he keep The Resurrection Stone? All it ever did was leave an empty aching below his heart. Nowadays, aching comes just from looking at it. He wears it on a necklace around his neck, tucked under his shirt.

Why did he win The Elder Wand? He was strong on his own. He knew that. He guiltily keeps the wand in his right arm holster. He's allowed to be scared, right?

Of course, he's sad. Why wouldn't he be? The lingering notes of depression that used to wrap around his pupil had slimmed over the next years. He feels they shouldn't be called years. Years used to be dragging. He was less sad now though, now he was more bored. Bored of muggles, of wizards, of life itself. He's tried passing on, but he was a coward. And immortal.

Death had told him "You may pass on, but not into eternal sleep. There are worlds waiting for you Harry Potter."

Even as an immortal, Harry had been scared of that. He didn't want to join another war. He didn't want to fight for the loud and far too young. He didn't want to see anybody kind die anymore.

So Harry stayed in his Wizarding World. Hidden of course, who knows what crazies would try to do to their Unkillable Golden Boy? Probably label him dark.

He isn't as scared anymore really. Besides, anger-fueled sadness would probably feel more filling than his current state of boring sadness. If he gets into another war, so be it. He's strong enough to make sure whoever he meets can be safe. He can be a useful savior again...

"Death? You can take me now."