Falling into a trap

Landon

After that night at Paradise Club, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months.  Six months later, I advanced.  Since that night, I did better, improving my technique, and became the top paid dancer.

Tyler got himself into trouble with double-dipping while taking a second job at another club. The owner found out, and the problem begins. One day I showed up to work and told that Tyler no longer worked there. When I came home, I found his clothes and belongings gone.

I didn't know what happened and I didn't ask. I kept my mouth shut. I managed the school for a while, but with working and booked most nights, I couldn't keep up. So, I dropped my classes. My parents didn't know, and I lied to them. Valeria was busy with school that she didn't know. It was easier this way.

I learned a lot from working at the Paradise Club. Women requested me in the VIP, and the money rolled in more each day. I enjoyed the notoriety of the job. It was a euphoric high for me. I had women all over me, which is a dream for any guy my age.

It's a life that seems glorious but isn't. An experience that I should never have agreed to live.

******
I came out of the bedroom and stretched, cracking my neck as I went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. Asher sat at the counter, checking his phone.

"How many customers did you take in the VIP room last night?" Asher asked, looking at his phone.

"Three. One wanted oral, another wanted a dance, and the third customer told me about her life," I said, sipping my coffee.

Asher looked up from his phone at me. "A slow night, I take it," Asher mentioned.

"Thursdays are always slow," I reminded Asher.

It was true. Certain nights were slower than others. Weekends were the busiest along with hunting season. Women's old men are out looking for deer, and women are looking for fun.

I kept the sexual favors to a minimum with the customers. When a customer wanted more, I switched with another dancer. I wasn't into a quick lay with random females. I also paid the other dancers to change and keep their mouths shut. I didn't need trouble with the owner.

I drank my coffee, thinking about tonight's routine. Asher became my bodyguard and best friend since I started at the club. He kept people in line around me and kept Candace at bay. Yeah, Candace developed a liking for me. I had no interest. My interest lies elsewhere with someone else.

Asher put down his phone and got up to get a cup of coffee.

"So, when will you make a move on Tasha?"  Asher asked.

"I'm working on it," I said, sipping my coffee.

Asher chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"You're like you were in high school," Asher remarked.

I gave Asher a knowing look.

"You set your sights on one girl and never progressed with it," Asher reminded me.

"It happens when issues happen," I said.  I didn't elaborate on what happened in high school at the masquerade ball. No one wants to remind us that human trafficking involves them.

"What about you?"  I asked.

"What about me?"  Asher asked.

"In high school, you were a complete douche. You changed a lot since that time," I mentioned.

"It happens when your parents kick you out. I looked for a job and applied at the club," Asher told me.

"But you never became a dancer?"  I questioned.