Truth

Landon

Asher set up a schedule for me, while Quinn made sure I bathed and ate. Every day I had to pee in a cup, and Asher would test for drugs. He also went through the beach house and my clothes. It's not like I brought any clothes with me, considering Asher knocked me out before arriving at the beach house.

My dad had clothes here, so I borrowed his clothes since we were around the same size. Well, that was until I put the clothes on and realize they were bigger since I lost weight.

I ventured out of the bedroom and downstairs. I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," Asher greeted me.

I walked over to the table and sat down. Quinn put stuff into a blender and turned it on. Asher placed pills on the table, and I looked at him with confusion.

"Relax, the pills are vitamins. Since you lost weight and didn't eat much, you're deficient in nutrients," Asher reminded me.

Quinn stopped the blender and poured the mixture into a glass, then put on the table in front of me.

"That's a protein shake. We need to put weight on you, then start a workout program," Asher explained.

I picked up the drink and took a sip. I grimaced at the taste of it. Nothing tasted right because of the drugs.

"Make sure Landon finishes his shake. I need to meet someone," Asher told Quinn. Asher left, and Quinn sat down at the table, joining me.

"How long have you been an agent?" I asked.

"I went into the academy after graduation. After what happened to us, I didn't want someone else to go through it," Quinn said.

I looked at Quinn and furrowed my brows. After that night, I didn't talk about what happened. I couldn't discuss it with anyone.

"Landon, talk to me," Quinn coaxed.

"What's to talk about, Quinn? I went to school and lived with Tyler. You were there when I took the offer," I said.

"But why did you?" Quinn asked me.

"Curiosity, but when I danced for the first time, that was the first time I experienced a rush. I can't explain it. I wasn't Vincent Powers's son, but me. People didn't want my dad. They wanted me," I explained.

Quinn looked at me. "It's difficult being the child of someone as prominent as your dad, isn't it?" Quinn asked.

"More is expected of you. I was attending school to work in my dad's company, but it's not what I wanted," I answered.

"Then what is it that you want?" Quinn questioned. "What does Landon Powers want?"

I looked at Quinn and sighed. That was the millionaire dollar question. What did I want? I didn't know.

*******
Asher

I drove to a secluded area and met with an agent. I handed the personal information, and they took it.

"How's Landon?" The agent asked.

"It's a slow uphill battle, but Landon is getting better," I said.

"Landon didn't belong there," the agent told me.

"No, he didn't, that's why I kept an eye on Landon," I said.

"Once the case is over, then you're free," the agent told me.

I looked at Bradley, who smiled at me.