Chapter 2 : Dress shopping

A/N : I know it has been a while since I uploaded but finally here is the next chapter.Hope you like it and please leave your feedback :) xx

The next morning I woke up to Destiny May jumping on my bed and singing a silly-but cute- song about little puppies and lollipops. Cole groaned and continued to sleep with me in his arms.

''What do you want baby?'' I asked her in the sweetest voice I could muster as I'd just woken up.

''You told me that we are going shopping today so I got ready and came to wake you.''

She had finally stopped singing and jumping and I could see that her ginger hair was longer than yesterday, and she had put on her favourite outfit; a cute floral dress and an adorable wooly owl hat.

I started to get out of bed, but Cole's rough hands grabbed me from my waist and pulled me back down next to him.

''Don't go, I need you to stay here,'' He whispered in my ear.

I felt heat rush all over my body like electricity and I suddenly wanted to stay there and cuddle with him, but I couldn't disappoint my Destiny so I had to leave.

''I promised Destiny that I go shopping with her, and I never break my promises.'' I muttered sweetly, batting my long eyelashes as I spoke.

''Fine, but promise that you'll be back in three hours.'' He said, and as an afterthought, he kissed me briskly on the lips.

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed to get ready. When I was done I said goodbye to Cole who was still in bed and went to find Destiny so we could go shopping. She was at the kitchen talking to one of the younger maids whilst eating her favourite breakfast: strawberry and chocolate pancakes.

''Destiny it's time to go!'' I told her with a toothy grin.

She took one last bite of the pancake, jumped off the chair and skipped towards me. I lifted her in my arms and made my way towards the front door.

''Your highness, I was asked by the king to escort you,'' Tom informed me.

Tom was our body guard and he risked his life so we were safe. I wondered why Cole had asked him to come with us because we were going to the mall. We weren't going to some dangerous place, besides I could take care of myself and Destiny.

I didn't protest because Tom was a kind and good-hearted man. We made our way to the white Porsche parked in front of the mansion, where the chauffeur was waiting for us.

We got into the car and the we drove to the mall.

----------------------------------------------

When we arrived and entered the mall Destiny shouted with glee. This was the first time that she had entered a mall, and it was also the first time that she was going to be with humans.

''Don't let go of my hand Des, you can get lost in the crowd.'' I sternly told her, while we started to make our way to a children's clothing store.

''Ok mama.'' She told me, glancing nervously at the people passing by.

Tom walked a little distance behind us to give us a some privacy. Thankfully, Destiny was acting normal against humans and she didn't look like she wanted to drink their blood-unlike me.

When we entered the clothing store an emerald green dress caught my eye. I pulled it out to check it out. It had beautiful light silky material with sparkly green gems all over it. It was perfect for Destiny.

''That dress is pretty! Pwease can I have it? Pwease?'' She begged, pulling a pouty face.

''Sure, let's go and try it on. You can wear it for the masquerade ball and you will look like the beautiful princess, just like the ones in your fairytale books."

She grinned happily and we made our way to the changing rooms. The dress fitted her perfectly and it looked gorgeous with her wavy ginger hair like mine.

We found a few more items and went to pay for them after she had tried them all on. We got out of the shop and I bought a fresh fruit smoothie for both of us. We sat down on a cozy little bench outside the mall sipping our smoothies while Tom had gone to wait for us in the car that was parked around the corner.

After we had finished our smoothie we got off the bench and started to make our way towards the car. We had made about ten steps when Destiny stopped dead in her track.

''What's wrong Des?'' I asked, concerned at her pale face and huge, wary eyes.

''There's a man following us.'' She whispered, so quietly I could barely hear her.

I looked behind us out of the corner of my eye and there was definitely a man behind us.

He was about ten feet away from us.I didn't see his face because I looked at him for a split second,but there was something very familiar about him.

I lifted Destiny in my arms and hurried to the car thinking that the man was some murderer or kidnapper. I could hear loud footsteps following us and my heart was beating like a drum. As soon as we got into the car the chauffeur drove off at an incredibly high speed. I asked Tom if he had seen a man following us while we were making our way to the car, but he said that he didn't see anyone.

This was really strange and scary,and I could tell that Destiny was scared because she was very pale and hadn't had a single word since.

-------------------------------------------------

When we arrived at the mansion we got out of the car and made our way to the front door as fast as we could.

The butler as usual opened the door for us and when I got inside I went to look for Cole. He was in the living room doing some paper work, but when he saw me he stopped and came to hug me.

''How did the shopping trip go?'' He asked me before he kissed my forehead.

''We had fun.''I told him in a monotone voice.

''What happened Willow? It doesn't look like you had fun at all! Look at you! You're as white as a sheet and I can tell that you're scared!''

''A man was following us,I didn't recognise him but there was something really familiar about him.''

When I told him this Cole stiffened and I could see that he was angry.

''What's wrong Cole?''

''Nothing. Excuse me for a moment, I need to talk to Tom.'' He told me before he hurriedly dashed out of the room.

Something was definitely wrong.

I entered my bedroom and got into bed. I really needed to rest because my head was hurting like hell, and I couldn't stop thinking about that man.

Who was he, and what did he want?