Chapter 1: Childhood

Y/n Shinko's pov

///(*﹏*;)///

I'm currently walking down to the park to meet my best friend Izuku,  I can't wait to see him! I can't wait to show him my new quirk which developed yesterday!

As I am entering the gate of the park I hear yelling. I went to check on who it was, and it was none other than that angry Pomeranian who goes by the name 'Katsuki Bakugou' i thought.

I immediately ran to Izuku's side. He was trying to protect another boy who Kacchan was bullying. As soon as I get there the random boy See's an opportunity to run and takes it.

'coward.' I thought as I saw him run out of our peripheral vision.

Now it's just me and Izuku. More like me protecting Izu-Kun at this point. But why wouldn't I? he's my best friend! I must protect him at all costs!

The ash-blonde with his two so-called 'friends' are trying to bully people over stupid things.

"Why are you being so mean Kacchan?! You've made that boy cry!" Izuku is shaking like crazy and I put my hand on his shoulder to try to give him some peace of mind.

"Stop Hurting Him Kat! That's what a future hero would do!" I yelled at the the blonde.

"Tch, do you really think I'd listen to you, you quirkless wannabe?" He says with a smirk.

You frown at his comments, you couldn't believe that he was being such a bully to you best friend who is like family to you.

"Don't be mean to n/n-chan! She did nothing to deserve it! And if you don't stop, I'll uhh... Uhh.. stop you myself!" The green-ette shakily exclaimed.

Izuku always stood up to him no matter how badly he was beaten or scared, he really did take after our favorite hero all might.

'Kacchan is pretty cocky for a five-year-old' you thought to yourself with a frown creeping onto your usually happy face.

"And as for you Deku. You wanna pretend to be a hero?" Kacchan changed the subject to Izu. "You don't stand a chance without a quirk Deku!"

The ash-blonde pounds his fist together to try and make an intimidating explosion...and boy did it work.

Izuku gasped as Kacchanane and his friends ran towards us ready to beat him up, he didn't really care for me as much as he wanted to teach Izu a lesson.

I went in front of Izuku and immediately made an ice dome to make a shield around him and me so that they wouldn't beat us guys up.

Izuku now with his eyes closed expecting an attack slowly opens his eyes because there was never a blow to hit him. As he looked around he was in absolute awe, to see the ice dome around them.

He immediately jumped up, and started to ask me all kinds of questions while grabbing my left arm and slightly shaking me, and got all excited for his best friend like when did my quirk appear, what exactly it is, what can I do with it, etc.

I smiled a bit while my sweat dropped, but before I could answer Kacchan was screaming on the outside of the dome. "Damnit Deku! You're going to pay y/n!" He seemed to have walked away because the voice seemed to be getting more distant.

I finally answer Izuku's questions after I take down the ice dome.

"Well Izu, I developed my quirk last week. my mom took me to the doctor and they said it 'was some type of ice quirk' or something" I explained to him.

"All they had me do was try and make ice and to figure out how to get rid of it so that I can somewhat control it when I do use it."

He just stood their looking at me with his emerald eyes, doe like. I flash a nervous smile wondering what he was going to say as I waited for a response, suddenly his eyes lit up brighter than a kid in a candy store.

"Wow, your quirk is so cool! I hope I get one just like it someday!" He showers me with attention which I definitely wasn't used to, but I accepted it because this was my best friend, how and why was I supposed to spoil my bestie's fun!

After taking what seemed like hours, we went back to Izuku's house to have dinner because that was the usual, and my parents allowed me to, so why pass it up!

As usual mama Inko cooks the best meals. She's like a second mom to me and is really nice, inclusive, and motherly to all of Izu-Kun's friends, whenever he actually has any.

A half an hour after dinner my parents came to pick me up and take me home. While we were in the car my parents told me that they have something exciting to tell me about tomorrow, which of course would peak my interests and get me a little excited about whatever it was.

After we get home I go up to my room to change into my (f/c) pajamas, after that M/n comes in to tuck me in and to tell me goodnight like she always does.

She comes over to sit on the side of my bed "So n/n, how was dinner at Inkos?" She smiles sweetly.

"It was so good, She made homemade sushi! I didn't know that she could make that!" You say with your bright big e/c eyes.

She chortled softly about how excited you were "Well I'm glad you had a good time." She gently pets your long h/c hair.

"Mhmm!" I hum in response. I yawned as  suddenly have a wave of tiredness that hits me as I curled up into my soft bed.

"Well Pumpkin, I think you better get to bed." She turns off the lights and kisses my forehead and says goodnight

She sets up to walk to the door, she's about to close it while walking out, before she could leave I speak up one last time before I go to bed. "Hey, mama?."

She stops and turns around to face me with a soft smile and curious eyes wondering what I needed "Yes, sweetheart?"

"I love you"

"I love you too sweetie" She says with a loving tone. She finally shuts the door and finally drifted off to dreamland, and everything was black.

-------------------------------------------

Old: PHEW 1,091 words! And it's currently 7:15:48 am, I haven't had much motivation to make any of the books that I'm writing, I've just been so busy... My grandma ended up kicking me out but I found a place to live with someone's friends while I finish out my last 2 and 1/3 years left of high school because I'm a sophomore. Once again I'm sorry and it's no excuse to get y'all excited to read a book and not get it out, since the quarantine is here and I figured that since I'm in a better place with my relationship, housing, and school wise.. then why not continue what I started a couple of months ago.

Well, I love y'all, and please be safe and stay inside! ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ💕

Edit/Update: I started this book years ago when I was 16. in December of 2019 I wrote this in my drafts and finally in January/February of 2020 posted my first chapter which was pretty much this. Times have definitely changed from that time. I am very proud that I had the courage to post this counting how insecure I was about my writing.

I'm still not the best at writing but that doesn't discourage me counting it brings me joy when I do. But since it has been years since starting this I do feel really bad that my depression and lack of motivation has kept me from updating. I basically was reading Wattpad/Ao3/webtoon and listening to music 24/7. And I just kept it like that for the longest time as I dealt with one struggle after the other.

Mentally I am by far doing better. Even after everything that has happened. Physically I am not doing as well as I used to heh.

As of right now I will try my best with free writing this and have my own experiences help me with this. But with me being an adult now, I won't have as much time to update it as I'd want too.

It'll be however more frequent then before the update lmao.

Anyways I just wanted to update you guys and tell you guys that I ain't dead haha.

Please do stay safe out there. And have a wonderful day/everything wherever you wonderful people are!

And if you guys do have any constructive criticism, then please do DM me or comment! Any advice and feedback will be greatly appreciated!

See ya in the next chapter when I edit/update that one! ( ◜‿◝ )♡