Chapter 43

Fresh was following Moon, Lurro, Ivy, and Meteor. 

"So... you've known PJ since you guys were babies?" Fresh asked. "Yeah. Our parents are best friends, so they almost made us play with each other," Lurro said. "No, they made you guys play and I watched you guys poop your diapers," Moon said as the others laughed. 

"It makes me happy to see them care about Jo like this..." Cil said. Fresh smiled. "Me too," Fresh said. "What are you talking about?" Moon asked. "Oh, nothing," Fresh said. 

"We're here~," Ivy said. 

Fresh felt his heart thump as Moon opened the door. 

The four stepped to the side to let Fresh inside. 

Fresh walked inside. 
The room looked like a normal, simple bedroom. 
Everything was white though. 

Fresh saw a bed, then his eyes grew soft when he saw his beloved. 
Fresh zoomed up to PJ.

"PJ!" Fresh said with relief, hugging him. "We had made this room so we could test things on him. Lurro here is good with mixing things for either good or bad," Moon said as Lurro smiled. "Got it from my dad!" Lurro said. 

Fresh lifted PJ's upper body up carefully. He hugged PJ's upper body to his chest using his left hand. He used his right hand to brush PJ's hair out of his face. 
Fresh cupped PJ's cheek as he teared up, smiling. 

"Moon, what do we do next?" Meteor asked. "Yeah... It's not like I'm finding anything..." Lurro said. "It's fine. We got this," Moon said. 

"Have you tried giving him his own magic, but in his soul?" Fresh asked. "Yeah," Moon said. 

"Fresh... Nothing is going to work... he needs a hospital..." Cil said softly. "Why not take him to the hospital?" Fresh asked. "His parents cut him off, remember?" Ivy said. "And we can't let our parents find out. They'd kill us-- My dad will kill me!" Moon said. "We're all just kids. What did you expect us to do?" Fresh asked. "We'll find out! We just need to keep PJ away from Error and Ink," Meteor said. "... That's it..." Fresh said. "What's it?" Moon asked. "They're the only ones that can fix this...! They made PJ... They can recode him...!" Fresh said. "They tried that when he was three," Moon said. "They're the only ones that have his medication. That's what kept him alive for all these years," Fresh said. "We all don't have a way to..." Lurro trailed off. 

"Are you flexible?" Lurro asked. "Oh, my gawd, Lurro! Please not now!" Ivy growled. "Shush!" Lurro hushed Ivy. "I mean, yeah?" Fresh said. "Moon, just make Fresh a portal to their kitchen," Lurro said. "Mr. Error and Mr. Ink want my head... And besides, they're always in there," Fresh said. "Why can't you do it? I heard Mr. Error say that they love your dad," Fresh said to Moon. "Oh, my dad's is pretty pissed with them," Moon said. 

"We're out of ideas..." Meteor said. 

"Who's parents are the most chill?" Ivy asked. "Well, my dad and stepmom are," Fresh said as he bopped PJ's nose gently. "What can they do?" Moon asked. "... He has the parasite... He can do more than me," Fresh said. "For PJ, idiot!" Moon growled. "I mean, a parasite can give people energy and magic," Fresh said. "Why can't you do it?" Meteor asked. "Yeah, you just do it?" Lurro asked. "I mated with him already...! It requires touching his soul. Do you see where I'm getting at?" Fresh asked. "You can't control your parasite around PJ because once you have sex with someone, your want for their soul grows?" Lurro asked. "Exactly," Fresh said. "Get that under control. We need to help PJ," Moon said. 

Fresh took a deep breath, looking at PJ. 

He looked like he was sleeping peacefully. His breathing was steady, his heart rate was constant and slow, and his soul was beating calmly.