Chapter 3- Mutiny in the mist

After we got back to the Monastery, we were all huddled up in the classroom, sometimes it was a mix of students from the black Eagle house who had been recruited, like Dorothea.

Our mission for the month was to go after a rebellion. The man's name was Lonato. A name I knew too well, he was leading a rebellion against the church.

My grandfather used to live in the Kingdom, we'd visit him on occasion. It so happened that Lonato and him were on good terms, close even. I remember the warm smile on his face when he used to come over.

I just don't understand why he'd lead a rebellion, the church would win anyway.

I frowned slightly, doodling on the corner of the book.

The lesson ended quickly. I was still new to the Monastery, people still whispered or muttered when I went by. Some calling me a crestless fool.

I ignored them, yet at night the thoughts were too loud to ignore. This burden was mine to carry.

The only one who knew of my true identity was Rhea, a few days ago I told her who I was, well actually she wanted to know. She knew I was hiding something.

The Archbishop had promised not to tell my family where I was, after I'd begged her not too. She kept it a secret. Though when I told her about my crest she was just a little surprised.

I wasn't exactly familiar with the teachings of seiros, neither was I fond of the goddess Sothis either. I saw no point praying to a god I didn't believe in, when in fact I believed in others.

I trusted the church, but at the same time I didn't.

I did go to the Cathedral once in a while, it was nice hearing some people sing once in a while.

Today was another day, another day I would visit the cathedral, only once I got there I spotted Ashe looking down on the floor.

I frowned slightly, I can understand how he was feeling, Lonato was his father after all.

I approached him, sitting down next to him, gaining his attention.

"Hey Ashe.. How are you doing?" I asked him softly.

"I don't know..I'm just confused on why Lonato would do something like this." Ashe exclaimed frowning.

My heart sank as my hands grabbed his, squeezing them slightly for reassurance.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Let's not assume the worst." I reassured smiling faintly.

Though we both knew that wasn't true.

After the week ended it was time for lectures again from the Professor. When I first arrived I had to take a small exam which outlined my strengths and weaknesses.

My strengths were: Bows and swords. I even realized that I was good at spears and lances.

Soon enough the month had ended, all of us had to prepare for battle, especially adding up this month's training too.

I was prepared but I wasn't. In all honesty Lonato had roped up soldiers to join him on the rebellion.

A woman names Catherine joined us in battle, exclaiming why he'd started the rebellion.

The church excuted his son for going against them. The thought made me shudder. They could have locked him up in prison but no, it was always the death penalty.

Once we arrived on the battlefield, heavy fog filled up the place.

I knew we had to advance carefully through the fog, the enemy could be using it to their advantage.