First Burn

Hello chirren, welcome to my first story! I know this is poorly written, but like, idc lol. I kinda just wanted to see how it'd turn out sooo yeah. Be nice lmao I'm a much better writer, this was just out of pure boredom and to save me from writers block. Btw I do know that Alastor is asexual, I just needed to change stuff for the plot.

*3/19/2020* Hi again, just a heads up, this is the new and improved First Burn :P 

First person POV (Y/N)

"Yes, I did have an affair with your precious princess."

Alastor's statement from only minutes earlier still echoed through my brain, the static of his voice lingering with my every thought. This was the first time I had heard of his infidelity, broadcasted for all of Hell to hear. "Why?" I whispered, trying to ignore the stinging sensation coming from my eyes. 'Am I to blame? Perhaps I pushed him away...straight into her arms. But she has Vaggie?' My delsolate thoughts were interrupted by the ringing wall telephone, it's shrill song echoing throughout the room. I hesitantly stood up from my spot in bed, flinching when my bare feet met the cold hardwood floor. With faltering steps, I had reached the ringing object, taking a deep breath as my shaking hands came into contact with the cool plastic.

The second I answered the phone, my sister's worried voice greeted me. "(Y/N), sweetheart? Are you alright?" 'Am I alright? My husband just told everyone that he cheated on me before I even knew.' "I'm fine Mimzy." I whispered, feeling hot tears finally begin to pour from my watery eyes. A quiet sigh sounded from the other end of the line before she spoke again, this time rage was laced in her voice. "You have married an icarus, dear. He was too blind to see what he had." A silent laugh bubbled from my dry throat, closely followed by a choked sob. "I...I know, but. Well, Mimzy, I'm pregnant." The rest of our conversation lasted for about twenty more minutes before we had hung up, once again leaving me with nothing but my racing mind and aching heart. I looked down sadly as I brought my hand to my stomach, smiling weakly "It'll be alright, darling."

Third Person POV

About 45 minutes had passed since Alastor's announcement to all of Hell, and the town eerily was quiet. The radio demon quickly made his way down the street towards The Happy Hotel, a forced smile on his face to hide how he truly felt. "Can you believe him?" A snake demon whispered to her friend, her green eyes narrowed in disgust.
"Did you hear about him? He cheated on his wife with the princess." Another demon mumbled.
"Disgusting."
"What a dick."
More and more insults were thrown at the deer, though he tried his best to ignore it. His main priority was getting inside the building that slowly came into view.

Alastor carefully opened the doors of the hotel, his red eyes scanning the room for any sign of his wife, only to be met with a very angry Vaggie. "You fucker!" The moth growled out, furiously stomping towards the man in red. "I understand that you're angry, but I don't have time to deal with you right no-" He was cut off by a hard smack to the face. Of course he'd seen it coming, but he knew full well that he deserved it. "You had sex with my girlfriend! Don't you dare tell me that you don't have time to deal with me!" Alastor sighed in irritation, turning around and sprinting towards the elevator. Vaggie was just about to chase after him when Charlie put a hand on her shoulder, making her tense up. "Don't touch me."

The door to (Y/N) and Alastor's room was swung open, revealing a very disheveled deer demon. His eyes were wide with surprise as he immediately seen the (blonde/brunette/etc.) just sitting on the floor, papers scattered all around her. "I saved every letter you wrote me." (Y/N) whispered, a sad smile on her face as she wiped away a stray tear. "My love..." He breathed out, having no idea what to say. She shook her head and let out a dry laugh, glaring at her husband. "You know, I believed you when you told me you were mine. I feel like an idiot." "Darling you aren't an idiot, please trust me when I tell you this wasn't supposed to happen."
"Trust you? How am I supposed to trust you, knowing that you fucked someone who I thought was my friend?!"

(Y/N) stood up, her hands balled up into tight fists that crumpled the pages she held. "Mimzy said that you are an icarus that flew too close to the sun. Guess she was right. All that matters to you is your reputation and I was foolish enough to think I could come first." "No, please it isn't like that." Alastor shook his head and reached out for her hand, only to be smacked away. "Don't. Don't come near me. I can't let you close to me...I won't be able to help myself." The deer frowned sadly, a shiver crawling up his spine under her cold gaze. "Darling, what happened between me and Charlie meant nothing. You're the only person I have ever loved."

"You always were good at sweet talking me, weren't you? Too bad that's all it is. Talk." The (blonde/brunette/etc.) growled, furiously wiping her tears away. Alastor ran a pale hand through his red hair, trying his best to come up with some explanation. Just as he opened his mouth to speak, his wife cut him off, her voice stern. "I'm burning your letters, Alastor. You can stand there and watch if you'd like." She paused. "You're no longer the same man that wrote me such beautiful words. You've changed." With that, she threw the first letter into the fire place, sighing shakily. "Please...stop." Alastor begged, tears of his own begging to roll down his cheeks. (Y/N) turned to face him, whimpering quietly while trying to resist the urge to run to him.

"My darling (Y/N), no words can describe the way I feel for you. I've never felt a love like this. I swear to you, I will always cherish this feeling. I will always cherish YOU." (Y/N) read out loud a part of the letter in her hand, smiling sadly before throwing it into the fire. "You lied." She whispered, her eyes filled with betrayal. Her small hands grabbed a few more letters and threw them into the heat, not bothering to read them this time. Alastor watched her, frozen. His eyes wide as he saw his own words being swallowed by the flames. "N-no. I wasn't lying-I'm not lying when I tell you I love you..." The other demon scoffed, discarding more letters. "You sure do have an odd way of showing it." (Y/N) whipped around to face her adulterous husband, her tears glistening under the light of the fireplace. "You read the words she wrote you out loud for everyone to hear. They know. They all know! You told them all how you fucked her in our bed!"

The deer demon took a step closer to her, letting out a shaky breath. "It was merely a sacrifice...it was better for me to tell the world rather than someone else." "Better? What about any of this is better?! You cheated on me! I considered her a friend! I thought you loved me, but clearly your reputation is more important to you." Alastor stayed silent, he knew that no matter what he said she wouldn't listen. "You could've just took a break from work like I begged you. I begged both of you. But no, you insisted that you had to keep going. God, if you would've stopped worrying about everyone else, we wouldn't be in this position! Why does everyone else matter, huh? What about me?!" It was at that moment, Alastor realized just how bad he messed up.

First Person POV (Alastor)

I watched shamefully as (Y/N) looked down at the ground, her beautiful (h/c) hair covering her face. Just as I went to speak up, she looked up at me, a dark smirk on her face. "Though I shouldn't be surprised. I've seen how you look at my sister." I flinched at the calmness of her voice, my eyes widening in surprise. 'She saw?' "Nothing ever happened between me and Mimzy!" I quickly explained but she just laughed, a crazed look in her normally sparkling eyes.
"And? That doesn't mean that you don't want her. That she's doesn't want you. I've seen the way girls fall for you. They all fall for your charm. I fell for your charm!" My wife walked closer to me, our faces inches apart as her smirk slowly fell. "Clearly this is about you, so I'm not going to be apart of this."

All I could manage to choke out was a small "I'm sorry." My voice caught in my throat as I processed everything (Y/N) had said. I had never seen her that hurt before. 'I did this?' She turned away sharply and picked up the rest of my letters to her, glancing back at me one last time before throwing them all into the fire. Though I couldn't blame her, my words wwre just that. Words. "Oh and Alastor?" I looked at her worriedly, quickly wiping my eyes. "Yes, dear?" "I'm pregnant." She tilted her head slightly, looking back at me. My legs suddenly felt like jelly and the rest of my body felt like lead, drawing me to my knees. "W-What?"

"We've been trying for so long and it finally happened. I was going to tell you when you got home, but you ruined that." My wife had explained, walking in my direction before kneeling in front of me. "How are you going to tell our child the reason we're so distant?  How will they feel having such unhappy parents? This child will be raised in a broken home all because you decided that I wasn't enough." A few more tears fell from my eyes as I brought a shaky hand to her cheek, stroking it softly. (Y/N) nuzzled her face into my hand smiling softly as she gazed into my eyes. "If you think you're mine...don't." She pushed my hand away, before standing up and leaving the room, not sparing me a single glance as she left me alone with my regrets.