4

olivia's pov

i walk back into my little tent and lean against it, taking a deep breath. what the hell was that?

i know i provoked him and all but i honestly didn't think we do anything about it.

i so wish he did even more about it though. what? no, you've got a boyfriend olivia, i remind myself.
a loving, sexy, nice boyfriend who is waiting for me at home.

but my mind travels elsewhere, thinking back to all the good memories that i had with jack and how badly i crave that from neels, it's not the same but its still comfortable with neels.

i pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh, why must everything be so complicated? why did tiahna and him have to meet, everything would be a lot less tense if she wasn't in the mix. honestly i love her, but it just brings bad vibes when she's dating someone who you deeply loved. call it jealousy of you want but it's the truth.

"liv?" my thoughts are interrupted, i look up and see mia, "are you okay?"

i break into tears and slide down the wall of the tent, she rushes over to me and hugs me.

"i messed up so bad, liv." i sob, "he's never going to forgive me, and him being with tiahna just makes it so much worse mia."

she strokes my hair while i lean into her chest, "he will forgive you, there is a lot to mend with you guys but you'll get there, you guys always do. plus i dont like them together, tiahna is way too clingy, shes nice but she isnt anything like you. and anyone can see the difference in the way he acts with her then when he does with you." she explains and i laugh a little and sniffle.

"you always know how to make me feel better, that's why you're my best friend."

"awe shit, don't make me cry now." she laughs and wipes a fake tear.

i wipe my real tears and begin to get up, stalking over to the mirror. "oh god." i say when i see my reflection, this is horrendous. makeup streaks down my face. i grab the makeup remover and take it off.

i grab my stuff to leave, "i need to go home and see neels." i say to mia.

she nods her head, "you guys should come out with us tonight, we're going to a club."

"oh, uhm, maybe. i'll have to talk to neels about it but i will message you once i know." i say.

"ugh, you used to be so up to partying, what happened man? you're getting old on me now." she whines, i laugh.

"says the one that's getting married at 21." i remark.

her cheeks become flushed, and her eyes lighten up.

she hugs me goodbye, and i get into my car.

-

"i'm home!" i call out to neels.

"in here." he calls back and i smile, chucking my stuff onto the island.

i walk into our room and see him sprawled out on the bed, shirtless and in basketball shorts. his muscles contract as he sits up. i can't help but drool a bit.

my mind wanders off to other places, other places where neels is not included. the tan skin that i once loved appears in my mind. jack was a bit more buff than neels was in highschool, though he was still scrawny. but now, jack has never looked so good, his muscles are larger and he is much more fit than i was used to. his hands, oh god his hands.

i shake the thought and jump into bed with neels, we lay on our sides looking at each other.

"my friends asked if we'd like to go clubbing with them tonight." i bring up after a few minutes of silence.