Chapitre 1

It was the day after Aurora and prince Phillip's wedding. Maleficent was sitting on a mossy rock, near the waterhole. Lost in her thoughts. For the first time in years, her hair was loose and Diaval, who was discreetly watching his mistress from afar, found her extremely alluring. For 21 year now, he had been in love with her, but he had never had the courage to tell her. He believed that now was a perfect opportunity to speak his truth.

-Mistress. Diaval whispered.

-What, answered Maleficent in a saddened voice.

-It was a pleasant wedding wasn't it?

-Yes it was. It warms my heart to see beastie so happy, although I wish she would have stayed with me forever.

-I agree, I miss her as well. Our little fledgling has left the nest. We should be proud.

-I am, but sometimes I wish that those for whom I care the most stop leaving me when I open my heart to them.

-Mistress, I will always be there for you. I have chosen to stay by your side even if you let me free. For 21 years I was here. For an eternity more, I will still be here. Ravens are loyal animals you know.

-I know Diaval, I know. You are the only one that I can fully trust. Sometimes I wonder why on earth you stay. I am a bitter woman, birdy, and wouldn't you rather have a mate of your own and fledglings of your own blood?

-Mistress.. I ....

-What?

-Your heart already knows why I stayed, but you head is stubborn.

Maleficent heart started beating faster. Of course she felt a little something for her former servant, but the thought of it hurt her every single time. Maleficent pulled it back together quickly, but once again, her eyes betrayed her. She hoped Diaval hadn't noticed as she said:

-I am afraid you are mistaken. Why did you stay? I'd very much like to know.

Is she really so blind? I cannot believe she hasn't noticed something was up every time I look at her. He sighed.

-Maleficent, I wanted to tell you for a hell of a long time you know. I.... I... I'm in love with you!

He slowly approached his lips from her perfect face and kissed her.

The kiss was so perfect, it took in all the hidden feeling Diaval had repressed for so long and it was still as gentle as a feather. Maleficent felt such joy at the thought of Diaval telling her he loved her. But she couldn't bear that feeling. It was too much, too soon. So she answered the only way she knew when she was hurt. She pushed him away.

-Diaval's hurt and shameful gaze met Maleficent's guilty and surprised stare.

-Oh, what in the name of the Moors am I going to do with you Diaval she hissed. She angrily turned away and shouted, don't you dare follow me!

Diaval didn't know how to feel. He thought she loved him. He was so incredibly wrong. Oh god, what I am going to do know? He wondered as he watched his love fly out far in the distance.

That month, Maleficent avoided her servant as much as she could. Whenever he tried to excuse himself, she left him of the scene. She knew she would have to tell him eventually why she was acting so strangely, but now was not the time.She had to process everything first. His kiss had felt like a liberation, but one she didn't deserve. She felt terrible for the way she acted and didn't know how to face it without looking weak.

One evening as she was lost in her thoughts, she accidentally bumped into the crow. Oh no she thought.

-Mistress, I beg you we need to talk.