Chapter 2

November 13th 6:20 p.m
Somewhere in the air
Onika's pov

I sat up holding my head as I tried adjusting to the bright lights. I looked at the room I was in and realized it was smaller than the first room with the large windows.

I looked to my left where a night stand stood besides the bed. There was a little plastic cup with one pill in it, and a bottle of cool water.

I took the pill and drank the water behind before I stood up to walk to the little door that was leading out the room.

After reaching for the door knob, I heard voices from the other side. I pressed my ear up against the door trying to hear the voices but they were too low.

"Nicki what are you doing", I said to myself as I released the handle putting my hands on my head. "Someone could be on the other side of that door ready to kill you."

I sighed to myself realizing that this whole situation was turning me into a crazy person. I was only eighteen and up until my father went missing my life was finally in my favor.

Was this my life now? Wondering who's out there watching my every move? Having to fight any and everyone just so I wouldn't get kidnapped every other day?

"And now I have to put up with not knowing who I can trust,or if I will have my life in the morning." I said out loud as I paced back an forth feeling another anxiety attack come over me.

The door soon opened and that tall woman came in smiling, but her smile dropped once she seen me and the panic I'm sure was on my face.

"Onika honey, I need you to calm down and breath for me." She took my hand into hers as she looked into my eyes.

She then placed my hand over her chest and I could feel her heart beat. "Onika match my heart rate and breath nice and slow for me." I did as she said not breaking my trance in her magical orbs.

Her eyes were so hypnotizing, yet very mysterious. The littlest things changed the color and I was fascinated as to how many times it could change.

After calming completely down, she let my hand fall into my lap as I sat there looking at it. I had so many emotions right now that the only thing that really mattered to me was seeing my parents.

I thought about my friends and how I didn't get to tell them goodbye, I even thought about my school. Sure I didn't like it because I was a teenager after all, but I would have rather been there then here with a woman that took me against my will.

I guess the woman sensed my sadness because I soon felt those familiar soft hands underneath my chin. "What's wrong?" She asked as she lifted my face to meet her gaze.

A deep pout formed on my face as I tried to collect my many thoughts. What do you say to a woman you've never met in your life, but now your her personal belonging?

"I-I want to go home to my mom and dad," I finally managed to stutter out on the verge of tears.

The woman's hands moved from my face and her expression was blank. If this woman wanted to be an actress she would make it, it's crazy how quick her emotions change.

"Onika I don't want to hear that shit come from your mouth again today. Your willing to sit here and tell me you want your parents when one of them sold you to me in the first place?!" I watched the woman as she got up making her way to the mini bar I'm just now realizing was in the room.

"Onika your funny as hell if you think I'm giving you back to a man that tried to steal from me and leave." I sniffled as a tear fell from my eyes. I quickly wiped it away as I blinked the rest of my threatening tears away.