03 - Felix

"does your cousin have a boyfriend?" chan asked, changbin gave him a stare that could literally kill, "and by that you mean?"
"it's just a question, for...research." chan gulps. "research on hooking up with your best friend's cousin?" changbin raised an eyebrow. "you do know that she's like a sister to me? right?" he adds. Chan nods, "c'mon binie, just answer yes or no."

"well, now, no she doesn't because her ex dumped her two weeks ago. she's probably over it, i don't really know, because she and i don't bring her ex up or any topic related to him." changbin sighs, shaking his head.

it was the 15th october, Y/N and Felix's 3rd anniversary. The couple wasn't on good terms at that time, and on that day, Felix didn't come back to Y/N's home like he would usually do on their anniversaries.

y/n got suspicious, because although the weren't on the best terms in their relationship, they didn't broke up. y/n thought that maybe he was sick, or maybe he...forgot.

she shrugged off the negative thoughts and decided not to waste anymore time and head to his home to check on him, because she cares. when she headed back, she heard faint sobs from behind the tall wooden front door. being the curious girl she is, she used felix's spare key and unlocked the door, revealing felix's parents crying. she tilted her head in confusion, "mrs and mr lee? what happened?" she ran over to them, a worried look plastered on her features.

"its about felix." mrs lee started. "he left to your place earlier, only to receive a call from the hospital telling me that he's in a fatal accident."

y/n's eyes widened, she shook her head, wanting not to believe any of it, "what?! th-that can't be! are you sure?" mr lee gave you a sympathetic stare, both him and his wife knows about your anniversary.

"i'm sorry—" he was cut off when he noticed tears falling quickly down your cheeks. "y/n, we have something more to tell you."

"he died.." changbin says. "technically he didn't break up with her but you know what i mean." he says, shrugging. "lee felix was like a brother to me..." changbin's voice softened, "he..reminded me how to love myself...i wished i had drove him over to my cousins home! if only i didn't have to go!" changbin cried.

Chan stood there, with a softening gaze as he heard his best friend cuss out at himself. "hey, changbin. it's not your fault...its in the past, blaming yourself for this won't bring him back."

"i'm sorry i'm sorry!" changbin ignored his friend as he threw his hands onto his face, rubbing away the dried tears. chan rubbed his shoulder, comforting the boy. "it's okay! calm down, changbin. i'm sorry i brought up a sensitive topic for you." chan softly says.

"its okay...it's not your fault." changbin sniffed. "you're right, its all in the past. i should get over this." changbin mutters.