~<1>~

"Okay, so we need one more person." Said the stage manager, Mr. King. "And that's the main character!" Yet, no girl wants to be Belle for some reason!"

I heard a lot of murmur behind me. "Well, Herc is Beast, and who wants to kiss him?" "It's because Herc is Beast, isn't it?"

Suddenly, out of everyone backstage, someone held up their hand. "Erm, e-excuse moi, monsieur stage manager." Said a shy and clearly not a woman's voice. "Maybe I could be mademoiselle Belle?"

Everyone turned and moved to show a tall, scrawny boy. He had dark curly hair up in a bun, a bit of stubble barely even growing, and darkish skin. I didn't recognize him at all. "Uh, sorry man," I said. "But we need a girl to play Belle."

"But the play is next week, and you can't postpone it any further than you already have!" He argued. "Come on, let me! I'm probably the only man here who can fit that dress anyways."

That caught everyone's attention alright. Mr. King then gave him Belle's dress. "Let's see if you're joking." The kid nodded and ran to the bathroom. A few minutes later, he came back wearing the dress. It looked to be a perfect fit, sitting on all of his curves right, not too tight, not too loose.

Everyone was shocked. "Woah, he wasn't kidding!" "And that was a small, too!" "How!?"

Mr. King walked up to him, looking impressed. "What's your name, kid?"

"Marquis de Lafayette."

252 words

Yes, I unpublished it and completely remade the book.

And by that, I mean I'm copy and pasting the original book from a completely different site. It's gonna take forever, but idk. It's actually decent. Obviously I did some editing to fit better, but not much, since I made this book a couple of months before I joined Wattpad, I think?