Part 4

Richie walked into the arcade, his eyes went straight to street fighter. He rolled his eyes when he saw some random boy already at the machine. All the other games were taken too, but street fighter was his favourite. So he took a deep breath and walked over to the boy at the game. He gently tapped on his back. He uttered a small gasp when the boy turned around. He was pretty, like really pretty. He had beautiful ocean blue eyes that Richie could just get lost in. His hair fell in soft brown curls, barely touching his ear. He had a nice smile, but sort of crooked. His seemingly soft lips just slightly too much to the side.
Richie was too starstruck to say anything. This boys beauty was strangely overwhelming.
"How can I help you?" The boy asked.
Richie snapped out of his trance and asked the question he had come over for in the first place
"How long are you gonna be playing street fighter?"
"Well I was gonna play for a while" The boy replied.
Richies face fell. It was silly, he was in high school, but this stupid game was his escape. When he was playing street fighter, he wasn't some sad, repressed, bullied kid. He was this strong ass fighter who could beat anyone who tried to hurt him. It was reassuring, as if one day he could actually be that strong ass fighter in real life. But as he looked around the arcade, he was still that weak kid. That weak kid who tried to look anywhere besides the pretty boys face, the pretty boy who noticed Richies sad face.
"Well it's multi-player," The boy stated "Wanna play with me?"
Richie smiled, the thought of playing street fighter,and spending some time with this mystery guy, made him feel a sense of happiness he didn't feel very often.
"That sounds good" Richie managed to say before taking his spot next to the boy.
"By the way, I'm Jake." The boy told him. "What's your name" He asked Richie, but he knew all too well what his name was.
"Richie"
Jake slipped a coin in, and the game began. Jake gave a good effort, he was better than most people Richie played against. But in the end it was hopeless. Richie was just too good a player.
"Yes!" Richie rejoiced as game over flashed on Jakes side of the screen.
  "No fair! You distracted me." Jake made a excuse, he didn't like to lose.
"Oh really? I think you're just mad because I'm better than you" Richie teased "Wanna play again? I'll still probably kick your ass".
"Nah" Said Jake.
That word hit Richie like a dagger. It was simple, Stan would chide Jake for his vocabulary. But still, he wanted to spend more time with Jake. He was a cute boy. He was nice too. Richie guessed if he had to date a boy, it would probably be Jake. But only if he absolutely had too.
"Wanna walk outside? It's too nice to be stuck in a arcade." Jake asked.
Richie disagreed, he thought the arcade was a great place to be. Nonetheless, he wanted to spend time with this boy. So he swallowed his arguments and trailed behind Jake, out the door and down the alley beside the arcade. Even though he barely knew him, to Richie, Jake felt like a boy he could like, like really like.
"You're really good at street fighter. You're as talented at games as you are cute." Jake complimented.
And maybe Jake could like him back.

/////
I'm sorry this was a short chapter! I'll try and make the next one longer.
Did anyone catch the teotfw reference?