Modern Life, Looking Back

I sat atop of one of Kunugigaoka's tallest buildings, softly humming to myself and kicking my legs up and down as I looked down at the city I protected. It's been quite a day, full of webbing up criminals, helping the police out with a missing child case, you know, the usual Spider-Man business. I removed my mask and let my long blue hair blow in the wind. Sometimes, I like to think back on when I first became Spider-Man, or even before I did at all. Times were so much simpler then than they are now. It was then my thoughts were interrupted from my spider sense going off, and after quickly putting my mask back on, I jumped off the building and towards the area it told me to go, shooting webs onto buildings and swinging as quick as I could to the source of the trouble.

After landing and rolling onto the ground, I looked around for any clues when I heard a bank bell go off. "Ah, that's not a good sign." I said to myself as I quickly made my way to the bank, seeing a shattered window which I'd assume was made by normal robbers. I sighed and quickly hopped in, cracking my knuckles. "Alright, let's get this over with." I whispered as I noticed two men standing guard near the door to the room containing the vault. "Oh, hey there guys, what're you up to?" I asked with a smile, though I knew they couldn't see it. "It's Spider-Girl!" One of them yelled. "Get em!" As they began to open fire on me, I jumped onto the ceiling and began to quickly crawl along it. "It's Spider-MAN. Come on, guys." I said, slightly annoyed. I shot a web at one of their guns, and pulled hard enough to yank it out of his hand. "Yoink!" I yelled as I caught it, breaking it over my knee. The other robber began to shoot at me again, but I hopped down from the roof and, with one hard motion, slapped the gun out of his hands. "Sorry, but that's cheating." I said with a childlike tone, having to jump out of the way to avoid the other guy who was trying to punch me. We engaged in a fist fight, and of course since I've been doing this for the past two years or so, this really wasn't that new to me. I crouched, quickly doing a backflip and kicking his chin, knocking him backwards. I then had to deal with the other guy, and after taking a quick blow to my face, I manage to web him up along with his other friend real quick. After catching my breath, I rubbed the spot where the guy punched me and grunted. "Ouch..." I said, finally toughing up as I made my way into the safe room.

"So this is where the party's at." I said as the robber trying to unlock the safe noticed me and turned around. "Andrew! Alex!" He yelled as I tapped my foot along the ground, crossing my arms. "Oh, didn't you hear? They aren't exactly available right now due to that huge ass whooping I just gave them." After a few seconds of awkward silence, he tried to make a break for it, but I shot a web at his leg and tripped him, then webbed him up to the wall. "There, that should do it." I stated as I grabbed a pen and paper from a desk, writing down a little note for the police who'd more than likely be arriving shortly. "I found some robbers trying to rob this bank, so I took care of it to make your work a little easier. Sincerely, Spider-Man." I wrote, drawing a small little heart next to where I wrote Spider-Man. Sure enough, I heard sirens approaching close by, and that was my cue to get outta there before I'd be asked who knows what kind of questions. After leaving the sticky note on the front door of the bank, I swung away back to my house, feeling exhausted after my long day.

I climbed the wall to my window and opened it, then made my way inside and closed it behind me. I took off my mask and looked in the mirror, and sure enough, a bruise had formed where I had been punched, but it wasn't anything too bad. I undressed from my suit and hid it in a box deep inside my closet, then placed a bunch of my valuables over it. Following my usual nightly routine, I ate a little snack, took a shower, got my stuff ready for school the next day, then laid down in my bed. After a few minutes of laying down, I thought back to the days before I had my powers, back two years ago when I was just an ordinary fragile teenager who attended Kunugigaoka Junior High, as apart of the "End" Class. Oh man, I remember how my powers helped with many situations my class was put up against. But back then, when I first got them, I didn't really know how to use them properly. Plus, having the assignment to kill our teacher was quite something too, but it'll all come soon enough. Now, let me start my story from the beginning. It was my first day of school, and my first day of attending E Class.