• Chapter 5 •

Song: Love Me Back - Mondays

"I don't need to force her to love me back. Just as long as she is happy spending time with me, is already enough for me..."
~ A Nutcracker's Wish

The night flew on fast as the two woke up from their slumber. After a few daily routines (for Frisk), they head out of the house, Undyne and Alphys not longer behind. Frisk took in the cold breeze as she let out a happy sigh.

"You're ready to go?" Font asked, standing beside her as she turned her head to look at him.

As she stare at him, she felt the world stop turning. Oh, the cliché feeling. She almost felt like she had been staring at the skeleton for quite a while, even though a minute or 2 hasn't even passed by yet. Then she felt a drop.

The lump from her throat suddenly dropped as she couldn't stop her thought from bugging. Ever since Napstablook mentioned that the Prince was missing, she felt... a bit weirded out. It didn't help especially when Font kept all quiet when that certain topic pops up.

There might be a chance though. She thought as she closed her eyes, avoiding the worried glance from the skeleton. The only thing she was worried about was the consequences. Will he see me the same way as we were before? It's a 50:50 percent chance but still.... Will he?

Her conscience started arguing whether she may or may not do it. She couldn't. She was scared. Afraid of whatever reaction he'll make once he knew.

Font was worried at the girl in front of him. After all the years he had ever talked to people, she's one of his closest one. He didn't know why but something about her makes him feel... weirdly special. As if he already felt like he knew her for a long time even though it was only yesterday when she pushed that candle over and save his life. It felt .... Different. Yet in a good way.

Seeing her like this, all scared and hesistant makes him ask a bunch of questions. Is she alright? Did I make her uncomfortable? What if she didn't have a good sleep last night? Is she- he cuts his own thoughts off as he felt his wooden hands, unconsciously went over to her face. Placing it under her chin and gently make her look at him.

Her eyes were glistering a bit. Almost as if she is in the verge of crying. Font panicked. "H-hey. You alright?" He asked her worriedly. He moves his hand and place them on her cheeks, wiping small tears that had started falling. Still, she didn't said anything.

"Frisk. Come on sweetheart, tell me. Don't leave me hanging... Come on.." He pleaded as Frisk started wiping her own tears off, blushing in embarrassment.

After a minute, she started talking, yet was more quieter and less happier than usual. "C-can I talk to you... A..Alone?.." Font then nodded before turning his head at Alphys and Undyne who both nodded in understanding.

Font brought Frisk to a spot near a river. She sat down on the cold grass as Font sat facing her. "Is something the matter? You know you can tell me anything." He said and gave her a weak smile.

Once again, Frisk started crying, along with sone quiet sobs. Font wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. Frisk held onto him as she sobs.

"I'm sorry.." She chokes on her sobs as Font caressed her back. "Why are you apologizing, you didn't do anything wron-"

"I know you were Prince Sans." Although a bit quiet, Font heard it.