1

It was in the middle of January in the cold dark misty morning when Nathalie sancoeur had woken up from a restless night of hardly any sleep at 5am sharp to get ready for her usual work day at the agreste manor.

In the morning she had gotten into the habit of having a strict specific routine to get ready for work.

5am- wake up and get out of bed
5:10-go through to her bathroom and run a boiling hot shower
5:25-get out the shower and put on makeup and brush through her wet hair
5:50- go back to her room and get dressed into her suitable work attire
6- go though to the kitchen and make herself a coffee of double espresso to try and keep herself awake throughout the day and to try and make breakfast if she felt like it
7:15-tie up her hair and pin it down into her signature bun
7:20- be out the door to be at work by 7:30

But today was one of those days where there was a bit of an exception.

She hadn't been able to sleep at all the previous night, and so she was able to get a bit of a head start to her routine.

She had just finished with her hair and had looked over to her clock above her sink and it read 7:02.

Nathalie used this early time as an extra bonus to her morning, and so she had decided to walk to work that day.

she had checked how long it would take her to walk through all the people and cross the semi- busy roads and it had all estimated to about 20 minutes or so.

She grabbed her bag and all her files and belongings and walked through her door and locked it on her way out.

Once she had come out of the apartment block and out onto the busy streets, she had set of towards the agreste manor with a mediocre pace trying to weave through the jostle of people.

Halfway through her walk she had decided to take a little bit of a detour, she still had plenty of time left so she thought it would be alright.

After she had turned the corner she started to feel little drops of rain fall onto her nose, she cursed as she ducked under some of the slim, tiny roofs of the near by cafes and continued walking down the street to the manor.

A few minutes later she was back out onto the Main Street and she was walking with a little bit more of a faster pace because it was still drizzling and she didn't want to walk into work with wet hair and clothes.

As she had crossed the road to go past one of her favorite little coffee shops, she had felt the rain drops again on her nose and as she looked down onto the pavement, she could see the bricks starting to become very wet, very quickly.

Nathalie had thought about ducking into the coffee shop and trying to wait out the rain but she had checked her watch and she would be late if she didn't hurry up.

It was 7:27, she had to make a dash for it, she couldn't afford to be late.

She had been working for Gabriel for a while now and they had definitely grown closer over time, but if she was late Gabriel wouldn't be easy on her.

Nathalie braced herself and as she took a deep breath, she ran.

As She ran down the street she could feel her feet squelching in her heels and she knew that the balls of her feet would be sore after this, heels weren't the most ideal running shoes.

She could feel her soaking wet hair starting to fall out of its once beautifully tied up bun and she could feel it sticking to the edges of her wet face, which was probably looking horrific.

She quickly swiped a finger up under her eyelid and looked back down and saw the deep black stain on the tip of it, her mascara was running, her clothes were soaked through, her feet hurt and most of all, as she checked the time, she was late. It was 7:32. That wasn't good enough for Gabriel, no matter how much more he had started to care for her.