A Place to Stay

America was walking now. Not exactly sure where he was. The meeting was held in Berlin, Germany this time, and he was lost.

He could speak the language, since he was the melting pot and all, but this was a curse sometimes. He could understand every insult thrown at him. No matter the language. Nations didn't know he could understand them all, but it really stung. Not only would they insult him directly, but they would insult him behind his back. Which was even worse in America's opinion.

Sighing in defeat, the American sat down on a bench. He was in a park now.

America POV

I was so dumb. The nations most likely saw me crying, but it looks like my "Hollywood smile" saved me again. Sometimes I wished someone did see past the whole smiling happy mask, but I guess I was just too convincing huh? Or. They didn't care enough about me to see it. That hurt.

I sighed again, frowning, when suddenly, a high pitched, excited voice called out my name.

"America! America! Ve~ Is that you?"

"I-Italy?" I stuttered. "What, what are you doing here?" I looked up to find Italy, Germany, and Japan standing in front of me.

I quickly stood up, looked at them, and smiled. "Hi guys! Um. What are doing all the way out here?"

"We shourd be asking you the same thing Arfred-San," Japan said with a bow. He looked up at me, studying me, so I forced an even brighter smile onto my face.

"W-what ya looking at Japan buddy?" I said looking down at him.

"We think Jou should stay with us for a bit America. There ist a big snow storm coming tonight, so all flights vere canceled. I invited a few other countries to stay at my house too," Germany interrupted, gesturing at the building across from the park.

"Ve~come stay at Germany's house with us! It's so close!" Italy exclaimed, waving his hands.

Oh my god. That was his house? Now I really couldn't escape. How could my luck be this bad?! I had to go to a house right across from where we were. I couldn't even run away.

"Ok,"I sighed. "Let's go."