A Break In

From Japan's POV

He was dying.

America, one of my best friends, one of my most trusted ally was dying because of us. I had never really insulted him, but I never tried to stop it either. What kind of friend was I?

All I heard was silence through the door. No sound at all. Oh no!

I screamed in fear, launching my body at the bathroom door.

He couldn't die!

Germany POV

I had never seen America so down. I had never heard him so weak. I could never get over that look of hurt in the kitchen.

America wasn't suppose to be sad. Our America was suppose to be bright. He was suppose to be happy. Not a broken crying mess.

He was wearing a fake smile. A mask. All this time and I couldn't notice.

I always prided myself on being perceptive. But. If I couldn't see how America was breaking under our hands, how could he be saved now?

No one could see past his mask.

He was dying.

Seeing Japan pounding against the door was frightening too. He was usually so calm. So proper. To see him a sobbing screaming mess by the door for America was terrifying. America must have been in a horrible state.

I needed to se what was happening.

I pushed Japan out of the way and punched a hole right above the door handle.

We would be America's hero's.

Italy POV

I saw Germany punch a hole through the door. Oh how I wished America would be alright.

He was the only one who would ever take me seriously. He joined in on my love of food, and made me feel included. I don't know what I would have done without him.

He was dying.
I didn't want another loved one to leave me! America couldn't leave. He couldn't die. I don't think I could handle it.

I reached in the hole Germany just made, and unlocked the door from the inside. It swung open. And the sight inside was terrifying.

Hah. You thought I'd leave you there?

Third person POV

America was lying in a bathtub filled with his own blood. Nations were stronger than humans, but Alfred surviving that much blood loss was nearly impossible.

America was limp. He was like a husk of his former self. The scars, blood, and cuts on his arm made it much clearer on how much he was really hurting.

His hair was brittle and lifeless, even his cowlick drooping.

Italy yelped.

Germany dashed forward, picking the American up. He was surprisingly light, and the bulk of him only came from his clothes.

Japan lay outside the door, mumbling prayers and crying for his friend.

"Oh please be okay Alfred. Please be okay."

The rush to the hospital was the most frightening experience in their lives.

———————————————————————————- ok I know it was short. I just wanted you to get a peek at what was happening from people other than America 😊