Chapter 9

The last couple of days had been rather hectic to say the least, finding out the truth about the murders was a hard pill to swallow but what was even more difficult to accept was that you stood by Arthur's side, you knew fine well that murder was wrong but in this instance, maybe it was okay. You constantly told yourself the world was better off without them, they were arrogant selfish ass holes who were only out to hurt people. Arthur was a blameless victim in this mess, you felt sorry for him as the picture became more clearer, or perhaps you were still slightly scared of him, you had heard the news of his mother passing the next day and you didn't dare ask for any details. You sighed as you stared blankly at your television, riot after riot was all that could be views on TV, it made you eager to get back out there again, the adrenaline you felt from being in the crowd that night was addictive. You heard your phone ring and you picked it up, "Hello?"
"Hey (Y/N), It's Arthur."
You smiled, "I know, how are you?"
"I'm good, I need you to come to my apartment I have some exciting news." You swear you could tell Arthur was smiling by the tone of his voice.
"Okay but I have work tonight, it will have to be quick." You spoke, twirling the phone wire between your fingers.

You quickly got yourself ready and headed out of your apartment, you tried to rush yourself as your shift was starting in a few hours and you still had a couple of things to do today.
You stood before the front door as Arthur opened it to let you in, his appearance surprised you as his whole face was painted only white, "Oh wow" You laughed, "Working tonight?" You said as you let yourself in.
"Kind of." He grinned, he looked very sinister. "Guess where I'm going to be tonight?"
"Where?" You asked.
"I'm going on the Murray Franklin show!" Arthur smiled, he couldn't contain his excitement.
Your jaw almost dropped, "Are you joking right now?! How did that happen?"
Arthur shrugged, "They saw a video from my show and they liked me, they thought I was funny."
"Wow Arthur that is amazing, my shift finishes at 11 but screw that, I will make sure to leave early to watch you!"
"You need to promise me something though." Arthurs tone changed as he became serious, "You'll stay home tonight, whatever happens, stay home where you are safe, okay?" He looked you dead in the eyes.
You squinted your eyes in confusion, "What do you mean?"
Before Arthur said anything else there was a knock at his door, he quickly opened it and let two men inside, "Oh hey guys." Arthur smiled at the two men. They were both very different looking people, one man was tall and large whereas the other... was not. You greeted them both with a smile and a shy wave.
"Oh I'm sorry to be so rude, this is my girlfriend, (Y/N)." Arthur said as he introduced you to them, they looked surprised when he called you his girlfriend, you were too slightly as you had never heard him call you that.
"It's nice to meet you." The tall man said.
Before anymore conversation took place Arthur turned to you and took you to the side slightly, "I need you to leave now (Y/N), is that alright?" Arthur asked, something felt off, the look Arthur had on his face was nothing like you had ever seen, he looked tense. You nodded and made your way to the door, you glanced back one last time, your gut was screaming at you, telling you to stay but you did what Arthur asked and left.
You began walking home, you weren't quite sure what you left Arthur to do in that apartment but whatever he was planning was not by good intention. You fought back and forth with yourself and finally made the decision to head back to Arthurs apartment, something was not right and you needed to speak to Arthur, he had changed ever since he told you the truth. You made your way back and you began to pick up your pace as you ran up the stairs of his building, you knocked on the door. No answer. You knocked again but still nothing, it was then that you turned the handle and slightly opened the door, why wasn't it locked? You pushed the door opened and gasped at the sight before you. You quickly turned around and covered your mouth to stop you from screaming. There was blood everywhere. You didn't waste another moment, you reached over and grabbed the door handle and closed the door, turning back and running. You had to find Arthur and stop him from whatever he was planning. Your shift was starting soon but nothing was more important than him right now.