ten

the rain beat down on the windows loudly, thunder striking every now and then. luke sat in between calum's legs, a wii remote in both their hands.

the weekends were always their favorite time because calum didn't work and luke was out of school.

luke let out a loud scream when he slipped on a banana, making him fall into second place and allowing calum to sneak into first.

"luke, stop screaming!" his dad said from the living room, making his cheeks turn red.

"sorry baby," calum said, kissing his head as he chose another race, "i'm just better at this game." luke rolled his eyes, leaning back as calum selected rainbow road.

luke went to go scream again but calum quickly placed his hand over his mouth. "your dad is gonna kick your ass if you don't stop," calum spoke, laughing.

luke licked his hand, causing the tan boy to jerk it away quickly. the older boy wiped his hand on the soft bed sheets.

as predicted, calum beat luke. the blond fell off the track so many times and got so far behind that he just started driving backwards to see how long he could do it.

luke set the remote down on his bed, making his way over to the window. he drew a small smiley face on the clouded glass.

"it's cold outside," he stated, drawing a new more faces and a couple hearts.

calum got up, moving the curtains over to see the other window. he wrote something down, covering it to make sure luke couldn't cheat and read what he was saying.

when he was done he tapped the pale boys shoulder and moved away so he could read it. luke didn't catch on very quick but then began reading calum's sloppy handwriting.

in shitty cursive it read, 'will you be my boyfriend?'

luke's mouth opened to say something but no words left. he nodded his head quickly, wrapping his arms around calum's neck tightly.

"i figured i should finally ask you, especially since i was leaving the other night your mom stopped me and asked if we were together because of the hickey," calum whispered, holding him close as he rocked them back and fourth.

"wait no," luke said as he buried his head into his chest to hide his embarrassment. calum just laughed and nodded.

later that night, luke told his parents with pure happiness that him and calum were finally together. they already treated calum like he was part of the family.