Enemy's, Acquaintances and Cheaters

So before I begin this chapter, I would like to introduce to you: the role of Pat/Postman Pat will be played by J

So before I begin this chapter, I would like to introduce to you: the role of Pat/Postman Pat will be played by J.T #yourwelcome tehe!
...

I woke the next morning.

Sunday morning. The day of the barn gathering.

To say I was nervous was an understatement, but I had to keep reminding myself that nothing could be as bad as that party when I was seventeen.

Surely tonight would be ok....wouldn't it?

Evening time was upon us, and Sophie and I were in the front room listening to The Smiths and putting on makeup for the barn party. We each had a glass of wine on the table in front of us for a bit of Dutch courage. I had noticed that everytime I seemed to start panicking about the night ahead, I would reach for the glass, which was not a good thing to be doing and it made me question my actions for the night ahead.

Once Sophie was finished getting dressed into her cute little outfit, I then went upstairs to get dressed into mine. I had decided to go with a cute white dress with little puffy sleeves and knee high lace-up doc martins.

For the first time in days, I had actually felt like myself again

For the first time in days, I had actually felt like myself again. It was amazing what a little bit of makeup and a dress could make you feel.

I felt (dare I say it today) confident.

I grabbed and denim jacket and a small bag, and Sophie and I made our way to the barn, hopping the same back fence that we had all those years ago.

And also a few days ago.

Sophie had brought a bottle of whiskey along and was chugging it back while laughing at her own jokes at the same time.

"I mean..." she began after a twenty-something chug "I don't know if he likes her or whatever, but I swear if I see her here tonight and she goes near Marky-moo, I will punch her lights out!"

I was to dazed to even focus on anything she was saying, or to even give a damn for that matter. Even if anything that Sophie had just said was to happen, I can't see Sophie for one second punching anyone's 'lights' out.