Chapter 1

~Dohee~

"Aw, man," I sighed, "I spent more than I should. Again."

"Are you even surprise anymore?" my boyfriend of two years, Eunho said in a bored tone. We'd just walked out of a shop when he claimed that he had better things to do then hang with me. Honestly, why am I with this kind of guy anyways?

I put my receipts in my handbag, "Do you want to eat now?"

Eunho looked at me for a long time before he shook his head, "No. I've got plans."

"Tonight?"

"No."

"No?"

Eunho sighed, "I'm a busy man, Dohee so I have other things to do tonight. Anyways, since we're done here, I'll see you whenever."

Without waiting for my response, he turned and walked away. When he disappeared out of sight, I walked towards the nearest café and ordered my favourite chocolate shake and drank in silence for a long time.

I heaved a sigh, playing with the straw. My mind goes back to Eunho and the past few months with him. He's not the same man I like when he asked me out two years ago. I felt him change and to be honest, I didn't care too. I thought it was just a stage that we all go through, that he'll come around or something. Obviously, he didn't because I came to know that he's been cheating on me. Well, I suspect he is anyways.

I remember seeing a few texts from a mysterious woman. How do I know it's a woman? Well, I rang her through Eunho's phone and she picked up. I was furious but I decided to keep quiet. Maybe it was a misunderstanding or something. Well, with the way Eunho's been ignoring me and avoiding spending time with me, I now know that's not the case. He was with another woman.

I even took a day off today to spend time with him since I've been neglecting him and spending too much time with my job. Well, so much for that since he's busy again. I love my job and I love the pay too. I'm an expensive girl, you know. I like to spend money on clothes, food and bracelets. Yes, I am addicted to buying bracelets—whether they are gold, silver, leather or anything. I love them all. I'm especially addicted to the ones with cute little charms on them too. It's been like that since I was thirteen years old. My parents thought I'd grow out of it when they saw my huge collection but I never got out of it.

I glanced down at my phone and saw that my mother had texted me.

Dohee, did you forget you have parents? Come home soon.

I smiled at that. My parents live in the countryside and because I hated living there, I decided to move to Seoul where I'd have a chance to experience something new. I love it here. Same with my job. Eventually, I forgot that I even have a home because I've been living here for so long now.

Next time I'm on holiday. Maybe in a month or so?

Make sure you do.

My mind goes back to Eunho. He's met my parents once but he never showed any interest which really hurt me because I love my parents to death. I was their only daughter so they meant the whole world to me. My parents didn't particularly like him too. My big brother, Daeho hated him the most.

I sighed and propped my chin on the palm of my hand. Maybe I should break up with Eunho or something.

I shook my head. No. I can't end things without a reason.

"Wait," I muttered out loud. "do people even give reasons when they break up anyways?"

I sighed again and continued drinking my shake, my thoughts going back to Eunho once more. A sudden thought came to my mind.