Chapter 4

~Dohee~

Maybe I did like Eunho more than I thought? I don't know but I couldn't concentrate after breaking things off with him... so I took the rest of the day off. I feel like it was better that way because I wouldn't be able to work properly too. Besides, I feel like I might end up crying too.

I closed the door behind me as I stepped into my apartment, my back sliding down the door as I hit the ground. I curled into a ball, closing my eyes and resting my forehead against my knees.

I didn't know how long I stayed like this but it was worth it. It gave me time to think about myself and even Eunho. I let the tears fall for as long as I could, knowing that it will be the last time I'd ever shed tears for him. It was me letting go. Letting go of the guy who stood by my side when my dream... became a dream.

***

"Right!" I said, placing my hands on my hip as I glanced at myself in the reflection.

I made a disgusted face. "Oh, yeah. I looked really ugly."

After washing my face with cold water, I put on my PJs and then walked towards the fridge. I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of whipped cream, chocolate cookies and ice cream. Marching towards the coffee table, I placed the things therefore before grabbing the large bag of chips. There, I sat down and began eating.

"I'm going to eat until I'm fat," I muttered to myself.

~Jungkook~

When Jungkook returned with the drinks and chicken, he'd apologised to his hyungs for losing his temper. They told him it wasn't his fault and that they were thankful he brought it up. Since things were back to normal and it was no longer awkward, Jungkook left to meet with his manager.

"I just look and pick?" Jungkook asked.

The manager nodded, "These are really popular amongst the community. We took a look at their qualification and everything too. Of course, if you don't like any of them, we'll do more research for you."

"Thank you," Jungkook murmured.

Thirty minutes have passed and Jungkook was still flicking through the pile. Jungkook was never picky but this time, he was desperate not to choose any girls. There were many males that Jungkook had hired for a while but they eventually quit because they had other commitments which was fine with Jungkook. It was just hard for him to choose the right person...and build that trusting relationship with them again.

That's when he stopped flicking the page. A familiar face.

Jungkook laughed softly, almost disbelievingly, "I guess this is how fate works, huh?"

~Dohee~

The next day, I turned up to work, determined not to let my past relationship stop me from working. I like this job and I like the pay too. I needed to work to be able to pay and provide for myself and now wasn't the time for me to fall apart like I did.

After hours of crying, I was finally feeling so much better and I'm thankful for it too. Although I wasn't sure it was a good idea because I was suddenly called to meet the boss. I was thinking of many ways to explain my selfish leave yesterday—

"What?" My eyes grew wide.

"We have a celebrity asking for you."

"A celebrity?"

"Yes, a celebrity," my boss said, irritably, "I had no choice but to agree to it. You're hired already so go there and start working."

"Wait—what about my work here? My clients—"

"They've been assigned to Jaehyun"

"Eh?"

He sighed, "Just go, alright? You start at one today."

"So...Am I no longer working here now?"

"Do you not know what it means to be working for a celebrity?" he asked, scowling, "It means you'll be with them and their company. I've signed the contract, allowing them to have you for the next three years."

"Three years?" I squeaked.

"Yes, Dohee, three years. Anyways, pack your things and head over there to greet your new employer."

I opened my mouth to say something but then I was dismissed without another glance from the boss.

"I'm pretty sure you need my permission for that," I muttered as I walked out. "A$$hole."