Chapter 12 : Melted Memories

"Hello (Y/n)"

Everyone looked up to see Manny standing in front of the globe when the light was gone.
(Y/n) was suddenly nervous as she looked down.

Jack noticed that she was nervous meeting Manny. He went to her side and whispered.
"Relax. It'll be fine, trust me," Jack said and (Y/n) smiled as she took a deep breathe and calmed herself down.

Manny walked up to them and Jack stepped aside to give the father and the daughter some space, the other Guardians doing the same.
(Y/n) knelt down and looked at him.
"Can you please tell me who I am? If I am not Pitch's daughter...then, who am I?"she said.

Manny smiled and patted her head, making her more relaxed.
"You are my daughter that I lost many years ago, but, now, you're back," Manny said.
(Y/n)'s eyes widened at his words.
"I-I don't understand. I mean I can control the black sand," she said.
"And the blue sand," Manny added and she stopped,wanting to know the truth even more.

"My dear, when you were born, it was still the dark age and your mother, the angel
of the stars, passed away due to the time for her to reborn again. I feared that
Pitch may do something bad to you, so, I sent you to the human world where you
can be stay safe with your identity hidden and...as a human," Manny explained.

"I was a...human?" (Y/n) said,surprised and confused.

Jack really wanted to tell her about "them", but, he stayed quiet, letting Manny do the talk.

"Yes. Surprisingly, fate was interesting when you were a human," Manny said, smiling at Jack who blushed.
(Y/n) looked at Jack confused.
"What do you mean? I-I can't remember anything,"she said.

"Tooth will help you recover your memories," Manny said and Tooth flew up to (Y/n).
She handed (Y/n) the box that would explain everything.
Her memory box.

"This..." (Y/n) said as she looked at her picture on her memory box.
"That's me," she whispered with wide eyes.

Slowly, she touched the blue diamond shade. She gasped as she closed her eyes.
Memories starting to reflect in her head.

Jack's pov,

I looked at (Y/n), hoping she would remember everything. The sooner the better.
But, if she doesn't remember me? What if... she doesn't feel the same way anymore?
It was getting on my nerves.

I stood beside Manny as I watch (Y/n) having her memories back.
"Don't worry, she will remember you," Manny said and I smiled.

Soon, (Y/n) opened her eyes and dropped her memory box as she started to fall down.I ran to her side and caught her before she hit the floor.
"(Y/n)!"

(Y/n) panted in my arms as she opened her eyes. Her eyes met with mine.
"(Y/n)," I said.
She cupped my face.
Did it work? Does she remember now?

She looked at Manny, her dad.
"I-I remember! H-He took me. He took me away from everything! My family. My
friends and from you!" she said as she looked at Manny.

"I saw it. You tried to save me before everything went black. Before...I became
Pitch's daughter," she said as she ran and hugged Manny who smiled and hugged back.
"I am so sorry, dad," I heard her whisper.

"I am the one to be sorry. I look for you but, all these years, no one, even I can't
find you. We never knew where he hid you," Manny said.

That made me wonder.
Where had (Y/n) been when I became a Guardian? Where did Pitch hide her?
"There's a place in the sea, I was there the whole time before he set me free two
years ago," (Y/n) said.