Prologue

You're never prepared for when your life is about to change. It's more like... a gunshot. Even if you know it's about to happen you're still not ready for it. You still jump. And then the bullet hits you and there's pain no matter where you're hit. That's life. A finger always on the trigger, and always in anticipation. 

The first gunshot was when I was 8. My dad had always wanted to be a director, and suddenly out of nowhere he decided to fulfill that fantasy. He said he had a dream about winning some award. He wanted to make it come true. We packed our things and moved to Hollywood. 

It was a strange transition. We went from rocky Maine to the hills of Los Angeles. 

I was put into homeschooling, and the only friends I had were my parent's friends. I matured fast due to being around so many adults and having to learn their ways. My mother and father were gone constantly, and I spent most of the time by myself besides the company of my father's assistant Marcella, and my personal tutor Gerald. They taught me everything I needed to know, from how to look my best, to talking my best and acting my best. 

I was a strange child. Instead of playing outside, I stayed inside, having meetings with Marcella and Gerald about what we would do the next week. I always wore dresses, or suits, or the "in" outfits. My hair was always done to perfection, and you never saw me without the newest bag. 

The second gunshot happened during a meeting with Marcella and Gerald. This was the worst. It caused a wound that made me bleed worst than the first, because after the gunshot there were more injuries. I guess I should start the story from there. The day of the second gunshot.