two.

•••

•••

When Scott had finally rolled out of bed and made his way downstairs it was 7:45 am, and as it turned out he'd slept in way later than he'd wanted to. In the kitchen Elizabeth stood with her back to him, scrambling eggs on the stove while a pot of coffee brewed beside her and Molly chowed down on a bowl of kibble by the back door. Hoping she hadn't heard him coming he quietly turned and headed for the front door in an attempt to slip away unnoticed but as usual, Elizabeth didn't miss a thing.

"Where are you trying to sneak off to? Breakfast's done." As if to prove her point she pulled the frying pan from the stovetop and began scooping eggs onto the two plates set out on the dining table. "You're not gonna make a lady eat alone are you?"

"Uh- I need to go home and get my stuff for school." He muttered, scratching that back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry."

"Already got it earlier for you. Backpacks on the couch and your lacrosse gears by the door." She shrugged as she poured herself a mug of coffee and Scott a glass of orange juice. Taking a seat she gestured for Scott to do the same. "Turns out that spare key your mom gave me came in handy after all. Now come on your eggs will get cold."

Giving in Scott sat down and began shovelling eggs into his mouth quickly, eager to get to school so he could chew out Stiles for abandoning him in the woods. Elizabeth didn't say anything for a short while after that. She just sat quietly as she ate but kept a keen eye on the teen in front of her. Before long the two had finished and Elizabeth stood, smoothing out the fabric of her pencil skirt, and took their plates over to the dishwasher.

Scott moved from his seat and headed to the lounge to grab his backpack only for Molly to follow him. It seemed the dog was staring at the very spot he'd been bitten last night and he'd have been lying if he'd said it wasn't a little creepy. Shaking the thought away he slung the bag on his shoulder as Elizabeth walked in with her coat hung over her arm and her own bag in hand.

"Want a ride or is turning up to school in a teachers car embarrassing?" She teased as she grabbed her car keys and headed for the door.

"Sure," And with that, the two left.

•••

"Alright, I know it's last period but let's not have any slacking off." Miss Laurent sighed as the students took their seats for the final lesson of the day. "It is scientifically proven that no one likes Mondays but that doesn't mean I can just let you sit around on your phones."

Moving down the rows of desks the blonde began handing out the syllabus to everyone, chuckling lightly as multiple students groaned. As she neared Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski she eyed the two wearily causing the former to watch the woman with wide eyes while the later did a poor job of acting natural. Shaking her head at the two she moved on, giving the new student, Allison Argent, a small smile and quick 'welcome to BHHS' before returning to the front of the room.

"Just for today, we'll be taking it easy," She told the class, turning her back to them as she began writing on the board. "We're gonna do a simple re-introduction of cells and get a general idea of what you guys already know."

Ignoring the second wave of groans that followed her words she continued writing down a basic question. When Miss Laurent finally turned to face the class again she was met with silence, many furrowed brows and several seemingly ever-present looks of boredom. It was safe to say the woman had her work cut out for her if everyone in her class had a shot at passing her class.

"The Mitochondria is what?" She asked, reading out what she'd written down, raising a brow at the room full of silent teens. "Alright, for every correct answer given you get to leave a minute early."

"Mitochondria's the powerhouse of the cell," Danny called out from his seat beside Jackson- who quietly asked how the hell he'd known that. Apparently Jackson wasn't that quiet nor was he the only one wondering as multiple heads turned to Danny curiously. "We covered it last year."

"Right you are Mr Mahealani. You should've covered this last year but it looks like whoever you had didn't do a good enough job if only one person can remember." She smirked, turning to the board to write down several more questions as well as make a tally for the correct answers. "Ten points to Gryffindor, Danny."

The comment got a snort from the boy. "I see myself as more of a Hufflepuff actually. I mean, you've seen Cedric Diggory right?"

"Robert Pattinson, nice pick." She nodded, stepping up to Danny's table where the teacher and student shared a brief fistbump. "Twilight was a low blow though."

"It was alright," Danny shrugged. "Could've been worse I guess."

"Alright then," Miss Laurent sighed heading back to her desk, perching against the cluttered surface. "Allison, Why don't you give the next one a go?"

•••

Beth notes:

So if you guys haven't gathered by now I suck at ending chapters. Next chapter things should get moving a little quicker.