Chapter 22 - Ferris wheels and teddy bears

Narrator's POV

With how reserved and shy both Lauren and Y/N are, you'd really think their dates are going to have a more introvert-ish vibe to it or be something indoors with not an excessive large crowd of people around them or whatever, but here they are, on their umpteenth date and one that is yet again at an attraction park.

"Aww, that bear is so cute," Lauren said as she excitedly pulled the Y/E/C-eyed girl with her to one of the arcade booths.

Y/N eyed the said bear prize and the game attached to it. A basketball game, just score as many in a row as possible and that number determines what prizes you're allowed to choose from, starting at 5 points.

Okay, so she might like the sport in general, but she definitely couldn't say she was good enough in it to win the head prize of this booth.

"You wanna give it a go?" the Y/E/C-eyed girl asked with a half-shrug. For all she knows, the younger girl could be better than her and have a better shot at it?

The competitiveness was basically flaming in the raven-haired girl's eyes, so Y/N actually didn't even have to ask. She inserted two coins in it before a basketball came down rolling from the lane. Aligning the ball perfectly to the basket, she threw the ball, but it was way too soft for it to even hit the rack. The basketball then disappeared again as the word 'Game Over' appeared at the scoreboard.

Lauren went to insert another couple of coins in the machines but Y/N stopped her from doing so. "Let me try," she offered instead and put her own coins in the machine. From the raven-haired girl's shot just now, she can see that she most probably had a bigger chance at winning something. Her attempt was adorable though, but yeah, nope.

Aiming the ball at the basket, it surprisingly went soaring through the net. Same with the next six ones, but then it hit the backboard and bounced straight away from the basket.

"You can choose one of the following prizes," the guy standing by the booth said with a bored expression as he pointed at the row of different kinds of mini teddy bears.

Y/N just ignored that and went to insert another coin, but this time Lauren stopped her from doing it. The raven-haired girl just shook her head with a soft smile and pointed at a random bear of the prize rack. The booth guy handed the prize over to her with no emotion whatsoever and just went back on his phone.

"You don't have to," Lauren said as she pulled her date away from the booth, holding up the small bear with her other free hand. "I love everything you get for me, so the size really doesn't matter."

The Y/E/C-eyed let out a sigh before smiling at her. "Okay, maybe another time then."

Lauren grinned back at her. She then pulled out her keys and secured the bear on the main hoop, since it is actually meant as a keychain. "Now I can look at it whenever I pull out my keys and it'll automatically remind me of you."

That was pretty cheesy, but it still managed to get Y/N blush. She leaned over to place a chaste kiss on the side of Lauren's head before they continued their way around the arcade, stopping at various booths and games.

-

"Oh, a Ferris Wheel, we've never been on one before, right?"

Y/N gulped a little at the major Ferris Wheel that was standing tall in front of them. There was definitely a reason they haven't been on one before and that is because she's been avoiding every path that'll lead to one, whether it was on the fair or like right now, in the attraction park. But looks like something went wrong on her map.

"Yeah..." the Y/E/C-eyed girl dragged out.

Lauren looked over at her and then she remembered something. "Oh, right, you're scared of heights."