Mothers flowers, Miss Pegrerains dead cat

It all started when I was three, mother had these flowers, they were beautiful.
But one day one was dying and you know I was oblivious to what was life and dead and I touched it. And I remembered a green spark that left my small finger tips and the dying flowers colours bloomed. But I was three back then, in thought it was natural.

I ignored that miracle until one day after school me and my mother were walking Miss Pegrerains cat , which laid by the side walk covered with maggots and flies.
My mother was traumatized and she tried to tug me away, only though I was mesmerized and I remembered the feeling of bending down towards the dead thing.
The maggots wiggled away from the carcass and the flies flew away. And my small hand reached out by its own and stroked the fur of the cats mangled body .

My mother slapped my hand off it and dragged me away as we were own our home.

You may say what happened to the cat, well the weird thing was when me and my mother walked to school the next morning, I remember Miss Pegrerain holding her cat and saying hello to us.
My mother took a while to recover from her surprise and just smiled back and walked on.
by the time we were at the school gates I remembered walking in and took a couple steps and then looked back.

My mother was just examining me.
After that she would always call me a miracle.