Chapter 2: Reality

CHAPTER 2: REALITY

Aina's POV

I sighed as I closed the door to Muzan's room. I leaned back on the door and rest my head on it, closing my eyes.

I should've killed him already but... I can't help it. I'm curious... I want to find out how and why he became the man he is today. I want to know if I can change and convince him to end the war that he started.

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. This curiosity of mine began when I encountered that demon couple. In my whole demon slaying life, I've never once believed that a demon is capable of changing. I was proven wrong by them.

"Why aren't you fighting back?" I remembered myself questioning the female wolf demon.

She was kneeling in front of me then; holding the passed out, injured, male wolf demon in her arms, lovingly stroking his hair. She was also bleeding from the cuts that I made when I attacked.

"We don't intend to hurt humans." She had smiled at me warmly, "Though, I understand that there can be misunderstandings. We are still demons after all."

I tilted my head and stared at her confused, "Why not at least defend yourselves?"

The demon shook her head, "That wouldn't make any difference. We know that you're too strong for us."

I continued to stare at her. Still in disbelief that a demon refused to fight back.

"If you're going to kill us... Just do it already... But please, don't kill our children." The demon pleaded at me and I became more surprised.

I sheathed my katana and told her, "Iie. (Trans: No) I have some questions for you." I kneeled down in front of her then took off my hood. I gave her a kind smile and look. "I also refuse to kill someone who isn't fighting back."

She had explained to me that they were also once ferocious beasts that feast on humans... But it all changed when a female demon approached them, telling them about the blue spider lily.

She said that she told them that once they ingested the blue spider lily, they will regain their immunity to sunlight and can be sustained with human foods again. They will also be able to bear a child once they take it. Basically, they will regain their human lifestyle back.

But of course, some things won't change. They will still be demons and retain their demonic powers. Human meat will also still be edible and very tempting for them to eat. Nevertheless, they don't regret listening to the woman and lived a normal life with their children.

I had apologized to them when I heard their story and offered to treat their wounds. She refused my offer though; telling me that their wounds would eventually heal anyway at some point.

After that, I had tried to strangle my crow for giving me a mission to kill innocent lives. Keyword... "tried." The crow was flying all over the place making it hard for me to catch him.

I released another sigh and moved away from the door. I thought back on how I'm going to handle Muzan once his "wounds" healed.

From the looks of it... I had successfully altered his memory. I made him believe that he was wounded when he truly isn't. That would serve as a temporary restraint for him.

I sat on the ledge of the nearest window and peaked out of it. The sun is setting meaning, a day had already passed since I abducted Muzan. It was a risky move really for it involved deceiving innocent human beings plus, I was only wearing my regular outfit that time. I didn't bring my katana either.