Chapter 3: Departure

CHAPTER 3: DEPARTURE

Muzan's POV

Muzan woke up and hissed when he saw sunlight seeping through the curtains of the window. For now, he really hates seeing the sunlight for it reminds him of his weakness against it. Oh how he wish he could conquer it already.

He sat up from the futon and stared at the cabinet in front of him. Right... He was wounded then got pitied by an annoying human girl. "Tch." He clicked his tongue then clenched his fist in irritation.

He checked the bandages around his wounds and noticed that the bleeding had stopped. They don't hurt as much as they did before either. Good... He can move more easily now.

He stood up and, avoiding the sunlight, moved to open the door. The door lead to a hallway that showcases more doors. Hmm... Her house is also fairly big but not as big as Rei's house.

He walked to the left because the right leads to a dead end. At the end of the left side, there is another way leading to the right. The first thing he noticed, upon making the turn, is Aina sleeping beside the window. The curtains are drawn that's why the sunlight is coating her strongly along with the hallway.

Muzan narrowed his eyes for he couldn't approach her; he couldn't pass by her either. He sighed and decided to find something to throw at her.

Muzan entered the door behind him and discovered the kitchen. He looked through the cabinets, finding something throwable that is neither fragile nor lethal. Not lethal because he still needed her to close the curtains; the least she could do is to provide him more mobility around the house.

He found a wooden ladle, a wooden spoon and a pot. He strolled back to where he can see Aina and threw the wooden spoon at her first. The spoon hit her back but it did nothing to wake her up.

Muzan aimed higher then threw the wooden ladle next. The ladle hit her head but it only caused her to groan and stir in her sleep.

Muzan frowned and thought, 'How irritating... You're leaving me no choice...'

He aimed high once again then threw the pot. The pot hit her head with a loud clang and that's when she woke up.

"Itai!!! (Trans: Ouch!!!)" Aina exclaimed in pain and fell from the window. She groaned then curled on the ground holding her head. "What was that for?" She whined.

"You wouldn't wake up. Close the curtains." He ordered her directly and Aina looked like something clicked inside her mind.

She moved to close the curtains and said, "You could've just woke me up by making loud noises using these things you threw at me."

He didn't answer but, in his mind, he smirked. Perhaps he just wanted to see her suffer.

Aina glanced at him and sighed while closing her eyes; she is still holding the fabric of both curtains. She reopened them then smiled at him, "Are you hungry? I could cook something for you to eat..."

He was about to deny but then remembered that she can cook food edible for demons. He proceeded to just stare her down.

"I'll take that as a yes." Aina beamed then picked up all of the things he threw at her. She stood up and asked him, "Any request in particular?"

Muzan thought for a moment then shook his head. He couldn't remember any human cuisine he likes back in his human days. It has already been a thousand years after all.

"Okeh." Aina strolled pass him to the kitchen. "The dining table is near the living room. You can also grab a book, if you want, while you wait."

Swerving to avoid the sunlight, he went to check the bookshelf ahead. He found many kinds of books and was surprised to find antique ones also. How did she get them? No matter... He took one of the antique books then went to sit down at one of the chairs of the dining table.

After much time has passed, Aina showed up and served the food. "Here you go... I hope you like it." She said.

Muzan puts the book away then stared at the food. "What are these?"

"This is called a tempura bento... For me, it's quite delicious so I think you'll like it too."

Muzan tried a bite and didn't say anything. It is good... Just like that udon but, he wouldn't admit that vocally. Instead, he continued to eat the food until nothing is left.

"I knew you'd like it." Aina giggled.

"I'll be leaving tonight." Muzan brought up and took a glance at Aina. For a moment, he thought he saw her get nervous but, she immediately just changed it to a concerned one.

"Are you sure? I mean... It's only been a day. You might need to rest more."

Muzan stood up to return the book and said, "I don't need rest. I'm a demon and you know that." He turned to her, "Or are you just dumb that you don't know demons regenerate faster than you humans?"

"I know that!" Aina snapped. "I was only concerned... You don't have to be so mean!"

Muzan scoffed, "Now that I think about it... You really are dumb. You're a human and yet you're showing kindness to a demon."

He pinned Aina to a small window. The window doesn't ooze sunlight because of the front porch.

"Demons eat humans... You shouldn't care for them. You should fear them... Hate them." He placed his hand on her cheek then slid it down to her chin. He lifted her chin up, "I could eat you now, for example." He let go of her chin and stepped away from her, "But that would be too much trouble... I'd rather not dirty my hands now."

Aina's hair covered her face when she muttered, "Fine then leave." She lifted her face up then stared straight into his eyes; her eyes shone with resolve. "Call me dumb and I don't care... Just know that you're still welcome here when you find that you have nowhere else to hide." She glared at him one last time before walking away.

Muzan watched her walk away using the corner of his eyes. Tch. Her words slightly contradicts her actions.

Aina's POV

'It's too soon... Too soon. I didn't think that he'd break out of it this easily.' I mentally facepalmed myself multiple times. 'Why did you fall asleep in the middle of planning! Aina you baka! (Trans: Idiot!) Baka! Baka! Baka!'

I stopped in front of my room and clenched my teeth. I also gripped the doorknob tightly.

'I have to follow him.'

~~~To be continued~~~