Notes

Like always, thank you for picking up this inconspicuous book.

[A Guide on How to Love Jules Everett] might not seem like much (especially if you've read some of my more ambitious works like [Kisses From Death]) but truth to be told, this story took just as much planning as most of my fantasy stories.

The story of Aiko and Jules is half-based on my friend and I. Though most of the scenes in this story were fictional, including Xavier and Harr, the conversations between the two best friends came from the texts sent between me and my friend. It took a lot of planning and plotting so, to be frank, I was very surprised to be able to finish writing the first draft within a short year. Nevertheless, it felt like centuries since I first started writing this book.

So, again, thank you for picking up this book. Thank you for seeing the world in Aiko's eyes, in (a way) my eyes, and for seeing the world in the eyes of a secondary character living in someone else's love story.

You might have some questions. The most frequent comment I've noticed while writing this book is regarding the ships between characters. While I'm not sure which ship you were personally rooting for (feel free to comment!), I originally wanted the story to end with Xavier and Jules together, and Aiko and Harr alone, with Aiko completely clueless to Harr's (very obvious) feelings for her.

I didn't want to deviate from the main point of this book, which is for Aiko to help Xavier win over Jules.

Why?

Because I think it is ridiculous. I've read so many stories about a girl and a boy banding together to help each other obtain their "true love", only to fall in love with each other instead. Honestly, can you even say they're in love in the first place if they can so readily replace the person in their life with another? To me, that always seemed more like a fleeting infatuation. If you were rooting for Xavier and Aiko, I'm sorry to tell you that Aiko wouldn't even help Xavier win Jules over in the first place if she knew Xavier wasn't sincere about his feelings for Jules.

I guess that chunk of text can be summarized with: I wanted to read something cliche but with a more reasonable ending. If I can't read it, I might as well write it.

All in all, I'm very thankful that you've read through this story right to the very end. I keep saying this but thank you so very much for joining me on this journey.

———

See you again in another story, folks.